𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 - 𝚂𝙸𝙶𝙽 𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙶𝚄𝙰𝙶𝙴

It was the next day and during that time, the group had found out Lori was in an accident looking for Rick, Hershel and Glenn and she was pregnant. Beth was in some sort of shock after seeing her undead mother being shot at the barn. It was daylight but Rick, Glenn and Hershel still hadn't returned and Faith hoped that they were okay.

She was sat in her tent, changing one of the tapes from her cassette player. Whenever she went out scavenging, Faith always kept an eye out for batteries. God forbid, she didn't find any and ended up having an anxiety attack. She didn't know what would happen if her cassette player stopped working.

"Faith?!" She heard someone call out. She instantly recognised the voice. It was Daryl's. She put her cassette player down and crawled through her tent, popping her head through the little door. Daryl jumped when he saw her. "Oh, you're there. I was out hunting this morning. Have Rick and Glenn come back with Hershel yet?"

Faith shook her head. She would've known if they had returned. "Oh, okay. What are ya' doing?" Daryl asked her. Faith gestured her hand, telling Daryl to come into the tent. She climbed back inside and Daryl followed her, seeing her holding a cassette player in her hands. "Is that a real cassette player?" He asked, making her nod. She wrote something on her notepad before showing Daryl.

"My parents gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday." The note read. Daryl nodded.

"So, it's special to ya'?" Daryl asked, making Faith smile and nod. Faith then wrote another note.

"It helps with my anxiety attacks." Daryl read, making him sigh. He still felt a little bad for causing one of them.

"I'm sorry about that night." Daryl said, making Faith shake her head before putting two thumbs up, saying it was fine. She then wrote another note which said, "You don't need to keep apologising. It's okay. Plus, you made it up to me by making my arrows better. I'd say we're even :)"

Daryl read the note and smiled. He kinda liked talking to Faith. She was chilled. She wasn't like most women. "I'm still sorry." Daryl said as he tried to sign his words but messed up a little. Faith smiled and showed him the proper way to sign and pretty soon, he was signing his sentence correctly.

"You're learning sign language?" She wrote on her note before showing Daryl. He nodded. "I figured since you'd be here for a while, it'd be best if I learned. Plus, ya' gonna run out of ink eventually."

Faith smiled in amusement. Daryl was pretty sweet when he wasn't being cold and distant. She could definitely see herself hanging out more with him. Faith signed "thank you" to Daryl and his eyes lit up.

"That means 'thank you', right? I remember you doing that." Daryl said, making Faith nod. "Why the thanks though?"

Faith wrote on her notepad before showing Daryl. "I appreciate you taking the time to learn how to understand and talk to me. It means a lot."