.~Iceland x Reader~.

Heya! This is my first One-shot so please be nice. This is an Iceland one-shot. Don't like it? Don't read it you silly goose. 

.~START~.

One cold and crisp morning, nothing but silence filled the air as the Icelandic woke up with a soft hum. Emil stretched with a yawn soon after, slipping his cold feet into his fluffy slippers before slowly standing up, being careful not to wake his partner, and then proceeded in trudging down the carpeted stairs quietly.

The kettle boiled which created steam that simmered around the kitchen counter like a fluffy cloud on a windy day, his ceramic coffee mug sitting on the island as he waited for the kettle to be done boiling. Emil sleepily poured the piping hot water into his mug, being cautious too not  burn himself. 

Peacefully, he sat at his and his partner's wooden coffee table, his head resting against his hand as he scrolled through Twitter on his phone. His slender fingers tapping at anything that took his interest until he heard a soft thud coming from the...fridge?

Emil stood almost immediately, his feet making his way towards the fridge as he listened closely. His breath hitching almost instantly when he realised the fridge had turned off completely. In an exaggerated panic, he opened the fridge in hopes of the light inside magically switching on, but to no avail.

"Y/NNNN!!"

Y/N shot up with surprise, scurrying around to get their dressing gown before stumbling down the stairs, halting once they got to the mentally damaged teenager. His mouth was slightly agape as he stared at his significant other in pain and sadness.

"Hey Hey! What's the matter, Emil?"

"Mnn..The fridge.... it's broken, Y/N.."

"...Oh Hunny, we can go and buy a new one, don't worry. I mean hey, first of all, we have the money this time, and second of all, we can buy some new plants and mugs. Go get ready, I'll drive us to IKEA"

Emil grinned softly, his cheeks warming up and flushing a soft pink as he stared dreamily at his lover, watching as they wrapped their dressing gown around their body. Emil grabbed softly onto their hand, leading them upstairs so that they could get ready to go at the same time.

After the two put deodorants and perfumes on, they both went and brushed their teeth and brushed their hair, styling their hair in the way they wanted before picking each other's outfits out, giggling in the process.

"Okay! Operation fridge starts now!"

"That sounds stupid, but whatever.."

The Icelander grumbled under his breath, clearly embarrassed from previous events. He blew gently into his hands in hopes of warming them up, turning to his lover and holding their hands in his, softly smiling down at them. Y/N smiled back at him warmly, proud to have an amazing boyfriend like him. 

"Emil.. I love you so much-"

"Oh look at the time! time to go get my fridge!"

Emil stammered in embarrassment, pushing the keys into ignition after convincing Y/N that he would drive and drove off on their way to IKEA. 

After a while of driving around, they both eventually ended up in IKEA's parking lot. It didn't take long for them to find an empty parking space, turning the wheel and slipping into the space like slipping a foot into a comfy slipper.

"Okay! So we need...A fridge, some candles, some potted plants, fake ones heh, and....that's it!"

Y/N smiled, taking his cold hand into theirs and pulling the Icelandic boy into the furniture shop. Emil couldn't help but blush at the little things Y/N did that made his heart warm and his stomach feel weak, but it was a good weak. The kind of weak that made him want to melt in their arms and never let go, a bit like a snowman. He was soon pulled out of his train of fluffy thoughts when his partner had tapped him on the shoulder a couple of times.

"Hm?"

"I have the candles as well as the fake plants. OH! I got you a baby blue ceramic mug, do you like it?"

They asked eagerly, holding up a light indigo and blue ceramic mug with little Fairisle patterns around the bottom as well as the rims. The mug looked almost as if it was labeled for Emil, it was perfect and he loved it.

"Y/N it's beautiful.. you know me so well. We will have to get you one too so that we can match, no?"

"Wait, really?!"

"Yes, of course!"

"Oh thank you, Emil!!"

Emil gave a warm smile to them, picking up various mugs until looking at one that caught his attention. It was a red and white ceramic mug with the white outline of a polar bear, as dull as it looked he picked it up and showed it to his sweet lover, waiting for their appeal.

"Emil I really like that one your holding! It really is a unique one."

"Goo, because it's for you, dearest."

"Awww! Thank you!!"

"C'mon, let's go find the fridge and go pay."

The Icelander smiled widely, almost dorkily if it weren't for his majestic beauty and we all know where he gets that from. Y/N smiled back in return, reflecting the same energy that he was.

.~Timeskip too when they are driving home because unfortunately I don't have many ideas~.

Emil and Y/N sat on their burgundy velvet couch, watching in content as the flames from the fire made snap and crackles sounds, the red and orange ombre flames dancing with each other in the fancy patterned fireplace. 

"Emil..?"

"Já,elskan? (1)"

"I'm so very in love with you."

The Icelander flinched softly, opening his mouth to say something back but hesitated as Y/N moved forward slightly, engulfing him in a hug and kissing his lips softly. Emil took no time to start kissing back, although the kiss only lasted a few seconds it felt long-lasting and passionate.

"..I love you too, elskan.(2)"

he spoke with a wide cheeky grin, both of them blushed as they looked happily into the kitchen, the smiles never leaving their faces as Y/N watched Emil gaze at his new fridge.

Silly Emil.

.~FINISH~.

Done!! Thanks for reading and like I said, this is my first story, and it's cheesy for a reason haha!

Já, Elskan? = Yes, Honey? 

Elskan = Honey

1055 words :)