Fluff ☄

A/N: I wrote this for my homie cuz she loves Muriel 💕 and as a thank you for many fics she wrote for me \•-•/

I hope you enjoy it homie •-• 💕

☄🌙☄🌙☄🌙☄🌙☄🌙☄🌙☄🌙☄

Mossy forest floor felt wet and muddy as your quick steps made their way between the trees and bushes, avoiding the raindrops as they trinkled down from the sky in a heavy rain. Muriel held your hand making sure you don't slip as you both ran as fast as you could towards his hut. Both giggling between paced breaths.

But all that fast running was to no avail because by the time you two made it to your destination, both of you were soaking wet.

Muriel ushered you both inside as soon as he unlocked the hut, closing the door after himself.

The two of you shared a look, grins plastered across your faces as you saw one another, hair sticking to your faces and clothes wet to the bone.

"I'll start the fire-", Muriel smiled and made his way to the fireplace, picking up the wood and placing them in it, using magic to start the flame.

"We should take off our clothes and put them to dry.." he said with a light blush covering his cheeks, "I have a few blankets we can cover with till they dry-" with quick steps he made his way towards a corner of his cozy home where you could see a bunch of blankets neatly stacked on top of one another, few comfy-looking pillows sitting next to them as well.

He picked up two big ones and handed you one, holding the other one for himself. "You can go first, I'll look away-" he proceeded to swiftly turn the other way around, not moving an inch afterwards, which made you smile warmly at how soft and considerate he is.

"Alrighty," you chirped smiling and slowly took your soaked clothes off, your bare skin quickly warming up because by the time you were butt naked the hut was already filled with warmth. While doing so you glanced a few times at Muriel, you could almost feel him blushing.

You took the blanket and wrapped it around your shoulders, the blanket being so big it covered your whole body all the way to below your knees. You curled on the warm fuzzy carpet in front of the fireplace, "Done!" , you smiled happily, looking up at the big man.

He slowly turned around, his blush indeed stronger then a few moments earlier.

You smirked slightly at yourself, though trying to keep it hidden, "You go now," you said with a smile, turning around on your butt so your back is facing him, giving him some privacy.

He nodded, cheek still covered in bright redness and turned away too, slipping his clothes off as fast as possible and wrapping himself up in the warm blanket. He flopped down on the carpet next to you, making sure he's all covered before speaking, "Done."

You turned around swiftly and smiled at him, "We seriously should have stayed under that shop's roof till the rain passsed," your smile turned into a grin, mockery to you two's silliness.

"Yeaah," he chuckled too, warm smile plastered on his face, "we didn't think this through at all."

You kept smiling and started running your fingers through your hair in attempt to get it to dry faster. He just smiled watching you, shyly wrapped into the big blanket.

You took a glance at his lap, it suddenly appearing extremely comfy, and a mischevious smirk crept onto your face. You quickly slid towards the big male and plopped down, front up, onto his lap, his thigh being used as your pillow and you shot him a playful smirk, "Comfyyyy."

You could see him visibly freak out on the inside, surprised by the sudden closeness, deep red blush returning to his handsome face.

You wrapped your arms around his leg and snuggled your face into it, "You don't mind, do you?"

"Uhh-..n-no-" he was having a hard time functioning properly and he sure didn't know where to place his hands.

You rid him that doubt grabbing his hands and wrapping them around yourself, hugging them tightly to your body.

"Perfect," you mutter to yourself, content smile on your face.

Muriel was at this point fuming from redness of his face and overall flusteredness.

You two spent some time like that, without a word being said, him out of shyness and you out of sheer comfort.

Finally he gathered some courage and started speaking, "U-Uhmm Y/n… I-I want to tell you something..."

"Hm?" you hummed in question and turned around in his lap, now laying on your back and looking up at the big male.

"Uhmm I… ermm… I-.. I-it's something that's been on my mind for a while now…" he spoke nervously, playing with his fingers.

You kept your eyes on him staying silent, listening carefully to what he wanted to say.

"I-I've been wanting to tell you for a while but uhmm…. It never was a good time for it.. ehmmm… I-" he was visibly going redder and redder in the face with every moment passing by, and avoiding eye contact the whole time.

You smiled at his nervousness and took his hands into yours, trying to comfort him and give him courage to speak his mind.

He just blushed even more, if that was even possible, and then took in a deep breath before speaking again.

"I-I… I'm in love with you.." he quickly glanced at you, not wanting to miss your expression even though it terrified him that you might not share the same feelings, "I-It's alright if you don't feel the same, I-I just wanted to let you know.." he looked away shyly but returned his gaze on you shortly after.

Your mouth was slightly agape, not having expected this at all, "Muriel.. I-I…-"

He was bracing himself for the worst, because what else could come from such a start of a sentence.

"I-I love you too!" you smiled happily and springed up, hugging the big guy tightly.

His expression quickly changed to a very surprised one when he realized what you said and he was speechless for a long few moments before he regained his posture, "R-Really?.."

You nodded happily and squished him into another big tight hug and he returned, just as tightly, both of you snuggling your faces into each other.

The hug lasted for a few beautifully long moments before Muriel noticed something, his blush springing back into action real hard.

You noticed that and looked up at the handsome man with a smile, "What is it?"

He looked over at you, "U-Uhm your blanket- ….."