The Inner Me

School life is very hard. Being in the 8th grade, I had to learn how to deal with the inner problems of my life. Especially the ones going on the outside and inside of me. That's right. I was still 14 and going through puberty. HOW PATHETIC. I remember when I was younger and I read a book about how your body changes and develops as you age. At first, the thought of growing squeezable dots on my face sounded pretty weird, so I was really scared. But then I learned my parents had went through it too, even my dad. But he went through it in different ways, which we won't talk about right now. 

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, I asked God to allow me to have a good day, especially since my parents would soon be going to court to officiate their separation. I would be living with my mom, and my dad would have me on the weekends. It was something called shared custody. I was really upset about it, but I figured it would happen sooner or later, because they always wen back and forth with how my dad went to see his old girlfriend and had an affair. Me and my dad were tight, we were super close, but it's like now instead of my parents separating, my dad and I had separated. I thought I could depend on him, but I guess you can't rely on everyone in life huh? 

I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My mom told me about something called acne when I first hit puberty. But I didn't see acne, or pimples when I looked in the mirror. Instead when I looked down I saw bright red, watery blood dripping from in between my legs. "OH NO! I HIT MY PERIOD!" I scream excitedly and half nervous. from reading those books, I knew exactly what to do. I reached under the old, wooden cabinet in the bathroom and grabbed a pad from a box labeled, "Pads" and placed it in my polka dot underwear. Then, I called my mom to come upstairs, because I wasn't just going to walk downstairs and act like nothing happened.

"Mom! Come here quickly!" I yelled from the top of the stairs, which were just installed. "Coming sweetie!! Give me a sec I just need to put away the silverware for our guests tonight!" she yelled from the kitchen. I could barely hear what she said, since the kitchen was so far away, so I just replied with a simple, "Ok!" and waited patiently, while sitting on the toilet seat. I hummed a song in my head called, "Dreaming Of You" while thinking about growing up. It was really confusing. As soon as I stopped humming my mother opened the door and saw the blood droplets on the cream-colored tile floor. I didn't know how she was going to react, and luckily she only said, "Hey..you hit your period? I'm so proud of you!" I hugged her tightly, so shocked that it had finally came. 

After eating breakfast, which tasted like toad butt, I told my mom I would walk to school. I had a lot to think about, and I couldn't focus with  my mother playing old Soul Train music. I almost died the first time she played it! ugh! Anyways, I walked out the bright green front door and skipped alongside the sidewalk. I saw this strange man nearby, and he was doing something with fire. I couldn't really see it clearly because a bus passed in front of him, but he seemed...suspicious.. 

I had finally reached the school's red front doors. "Here we go again." I thought in my head. As I walked in the non-welcoming doors,  I saw one of my favorite teachers here. His name was Mr. Sikowitz, and he was our performing arts teacher. He waved, and I waved back with a greeting smile. Even though I hated drama class, he made it seem fun. Then, when I finally reached the noisy hallway..something bad happened. The world suddenly stopped. Like COMPLETELY stopped! Like time was frozen everyone was frozen; except me! But why??