Chapter 11

Anthony's P.O.V

I got up early the next morning and started getting ready for school. Usually, I dread going to school but for once I'm actually looking forward to going to school. I can't wait to get out of this house and get away from my mom and Kathleen. I went into the bathroom to freshen up. I washed my face and brushed my hair and teeth. I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror before I walked back into my bedroom and got changed.

I put on a pair of black jeans, a white tee shirt, and a black flannel. After I finished getting dressed, I grabbed my gym bag and started packing a few things since I have practice after school. Once I finished doing that, I grabbed bookbag and my gym bag. I made sure to double check that I have everything before I left my room and headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat when I saw my mom cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, Anthony." My mom said gruffly. 

She hasn't spoken to me since last night. I guess she is still annoyed with me. I was going to ignore her, but I decided not to. Ignoring her would only make her madder at me. 

"Good morning, Mom." I said opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

"I'm making pancakes. They should be done in a few minutes, if you want some." My mom offered, as she flipped the pancakes.

I smiled. No matter how mad my mom gets at me she always makes sure I have something to eat.

I put my bags down on the floor and took a seat at the kitchen table before saying "Thanks."

We sat there quietly for a few minutes until my mom asked, "Can you do me a favor?"

"It depends. What do you want?" I questioned.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do regarding our conversation yesterday.

"Will you go upstairs, and let your sister and Kathleen know breakfast will be ready soon."

That wasn't what I was expecting her to say but I agreed to do it.

"Sure." I mumbled, before heading upstairs.

I decided to get Ella first since her room is closer. I knocked on her door, before I opened it. I saw Ella sitting on the floor playing with her dolls.

When she noticed it was me, she dropped her dolls, ran over to me, and said "Big brother!"

"Good morning, El." I said hugging her back.

Then I added, "Mom said breakfast is ready. Go downstairs and eat."

"What did mom make?" Ella asked.

"Pancakes."

"Yay! I'm hungry." Ella said excitedly, before she took off running downstairs.

"One down. One to go." I mumbled to myself before walking towards my older brother's room. Well, I guess technically it's Kathleen's room for the time being.

Anyways, I knocked softly on the door, and asked "Can I come in?"

"Hold on, just a minute." She spoke softly. 

I heard some shuffling coming from the other side of the door. A minute later, Kathleen opened the door. She looked surprised to see me, but she quickly recovered.

She greeted me by saying, "Good Morning, Anthony."

"Morning." I said back, glancing at her appearance. Her long brown hair is pulled up in a bun. She is wearing an oversized black tee shirt along with some black leggings and a pair of converses.