Chapter Twenty Two

A/N: There's really no plot in this chapter, think of it as a lil montage of what MC and the others did during their stay at the butterfly estate, don't worry tho cuz the next chapter will be juicy with some action iykyk :)))

Second Person

After dropping Muichiro off at his home, you finally made your way towards the Butterfly Estate where Shinobu has kindly invited you so that you can reunite with the Kamaboko squad and potentially help them train.

You sigh, exhausted from the small 'welcome back' party to the point that you feel as if your legs are numb. After hesitantly running your hands down the railings of the fence, you make your way down the corridor, the moon shining onto your (S/C) skin as you walk past, unknowingly making you look as breathtaking as ever.

Suddenly, you feel someone shove you a bit with their whole body weight and you turn to glare at the unknown person, your eyebrows furrowing together.

"Rude..." You mumble as you watch the figure walk in front of you, ignoring your comment. You glance down their familiar soft mohawk and their body stance as they stomp their way down to the door which leads to the Butterfly garden.

"Hey! Don't ignore me! At least apologi-," the figure finally turns around, and your eyes widen slightly at the sight of Genya Shinazugawa, his fierce eyes slightly softening at the sight of your smaller form.

"...(Y/N)?" he asks, completely. surprised at the sight of you.

"Nice to see you too, Genya," You smile gently at the male, taking a couple more steps towards him, your shoes tapping loudly against the wooden planks.

~

"...And then guess what? He literally slaps me in the face!"

"Really?"

"Yes! All because I stole some of his tempura!"

You and Genya continued to laugh as you both sit on a branch of a tall tree, staring up at the stars. After being apart from Genya for so long, it wasn't hard or awkward at all when you saw him again, and you were grateful for it because in a way, if you couldn't get along with Sanemi just yet, you could get along with Genya before you could befriend him again.

You slightly frown after laughing for a couple minutes, staring down at Genya's and your swinging feet that were hanging off of the branch.

"You know... he also slapped me when we saw each other today," You sigh, fiddling with the flower crown that was kind of falling off of your head. You suddenly smile at the flashback of Muichiro's small gesture and you mentally note to make him a flower crown next time you see him.

"What?! Why would he get mad at someone like you?" Genya retorts in annoyance and you only shrug in response before shaking your head.

"It was kind of my fault, he hurt one of my friends so I had to teach him a lesson, you know?"

"If you say so."

Stretching silently, you jump out of the tree, bending your knees when your weight hits the ground and you look up at Genya who was still in the tree, peering down at you from above.

"So... I'll see you around, right?" You ask cheerily. Genya shows you a toothy grin before nodding and he follows you by jumping out of the tree. 

"Do you want to train with me and Gyomei-san sometimes?" he asks suddenly and you stare at the ground, thinking deeply before looking up at him again.

"Wait... What do you have to do with Gyomei?"

"Ugh... he trains me?" He states in confusion, peering down at you again with those dark purple hues. You scratch the back of your neck awkwardly, looking away from him for a slight second before looking back up at him again.