6. Sweet madness

They spent hours laughing... or were those minutes? Seconds? Newt couldn't tell, blaming it on the virus. Just like what happened next.
Between an eye contact and the other, Kath had made her way to Newt's lips. He had opened his eyes wide open in shock. Had he even ever kissed a girl before? Was he liking it? Thousands of questions filling his mind for the second the kiss lasted.
After she had pulled away, Newt's face was frozen, staring at her

"Oh come one" she said while giving him a frustrated look "I don't kiss that bad" her words seemed to bring him back to heart, stopping the train of thoughts

"I...emh..." his hand scratching somewhere in the back of his head "I'm sorry. I just didn't expect that"

"Well maybe next time I'll give you a warning" Newt didn't know what to say or how to react. He didn't think it was normal to just approach a stranger, over share and then kiss him, but they weren't normal. They were infected, so in the back of his heart he actually didn't mind. Besides, he really didn't want to die alone, so when she contracted herself and almost laid down, he grabbed her hand

"Maybe you should do it now" he told her, while hydrating his lips with his tongue. He was completely embarrassed, but again, he didn't care. Thank you Flare, he thought. But she looked down, slightly nodding

"Newt we don't have to..." her mood changing once more. One second she was super confident but not, she looked like a scared child.
Newt put his fingers under her chin, forcing her to look at him

"Yes. I mean... if we're going to go crazy, might as well do it together" he couldn't remember ever acting so confident. He was liking it. And he liked it even more when he got closer to her and kissed her passionately. There wasn't love in that kiss, what something was there.
They were going to die eventually, and if they had to share that destiny, he figured they might as well have a little fun. He couldn't remember if he had ever gotten passionate with anyone in the past. Not in the maze, for sure. But the longer and passionate the kiss got, the more he craved.
He didn't want to stop and the part of his brain that was already compromised, was taking over his whole body.
For a second he thought he had gotten selfish, but that thought flushed out of his brain in less than a second.
Kath had laid down so slowly that Newt didn't even notice he was now on top of her.
He seemed to regain clarity for a second, feeling embarrassed at the thought of going ahead for more. He started to move and breath goofily, worried about where to put his hands.

"It's okay blondie" she had noticed "I am a... I mean, I haven't..." her eyes trying so hard to avoid his.

She didn't have to say more, because Newt understood.
She hadn't have sex either, which meant she had his same experience. Meaning, none.
Or maybe that wasn't totally true, because when they decided to do it, Newt was quick to take the lead: kissing her in the right spots, going from her mouth to her neck, taking off her shirt just to go down her breasts.
There was a lot of moaning involved. A lot of sweat. Newt even shed a couple of tears when his mind went back to the maze for a second, remembering his friends.

Tommy wouldn't believe me if I told him

They kept going on for what felt like an entire hour, passionately grinding on each other, meaning, trying to control their breathings and being as quiete as possible to not wake the kid up.
Newt realized he had been holding her hand the whole time, when they had finished.
He had never felt such sensation before. He had liked it. Inside he felt like he was ready for more, but they were both very tired, and the virus wouldn't help.

They just sat down, backs resting against the run-down wall.
Still holding each other's hand, they just sat there in silence for a few minutes but when Kath looked at Newt she realized he had zoomed out