𝑉𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠

"What are you doin' here?" Sam snapped, pointing to Zemo.

"I didn't wanna tell you 'cause I knew you wouldn't let this happen," Bucky explained, placing his arm out to stop Sam from doing something drastic.

"What did you do?"

"We need him, Sam!"

"You're going back to jail!"

"If I may-!"

"No!" Sam and Bucky yelled at the baron.

Zemo frowned, looking down slightly, then whispered. "Apologies."

Bucky looked to Sam. "When Steve refused to sign the Sokovia Accords, you backed him. You broke the law, and you stuck your neck out for me. I'm asking you to do it again."

"I really think I'm invaluable..."

"Shut up," Sam growled.

"Okay. If we do this, you don't make a move without our permission."

"Fair."

"Okay, Zemo, where do we start?" Sam questioned. Zemo gave a smug smile, knowing exactly what to do.

*Time Skip*

"So... Our first move is grand theft auto?"

"These are mine. Collected by family over the generations. I spent years hunting people HYDRA recruited to recreate the serum. Because once it's out there, someone can create an army of people... like the Avengers. I ended the Winter Soldier program once before." He held a jacket over his arm as he held a bag in his other hand. "I have no intention to leave my work unfinished. To do this, we'll have to scale a ladder of lowlifes."

"Well, join the party. We've already started."

"First stop is to a friend of mine. Then, Selby."

"Friend? Where is this friend? Who is he?"

"She is a friend who stood by my side through everything. When my family died, she was there. She helped me."

Bucky raised an eyebrow. "And where is she?"

Zemo smirked, his back to the two as he stopped his stride. "An asylum."

"Um, excuse me?" Sam stepped closer to the baron. "She's crazy?"

"Not crazy," Zemo told him. "You'll see what I mean."

*Time Skip*

A girl with long h/c hair sat in the corner of her room, legs pulled into her chest, her eyes staring into nothing as she was forced to listen. Listen to the thoughts and constant torments of the voices in her head. Thoughts by others weren't as loud as the others, but she could still make them out.

I'm afraid you are insane.

You have psychopathic tendencies.

You're schizophrenic.

No one will ever care.

You have no friends.

She shook her head, hoping to relieve herself of the voices invading her thoughts. It was a burden. A burden she'd carried since she was a child. She perked up as she recognized a name she heard in her head, paired with an unrecognizable voice.

Zemo, what kinds of friends do you have?

"Zemo," she whispered. On cue, the door opened, and the baron himself stood in the doorway. He sent a soft smile her way as she stood to her feet.

"Hello Y/n," he said. Y/n rushed over to him, pulling him into a tight hug, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"You came for me," she said, voice muffled by the fur of his coat.

"I told you I would."

"So. You're Y/n," Sam said.

"Sam Wilson. Which makes you James Barnes," Y/n smiled.

"You know us?"

"Might be stuck in here, but I have access to TV."

Bucky tilted his head. "Why are you stuck in here."

"Ah, take it Zemo didn't tell you about my 'skill set'?"

"Nope."

"I'm schizophrenic, but it's not just voices. I can hear thoughts. And I have psychopathic tendencies, but that doesn't matter," she said. "Is Shmaptain Shamerica really that bad?"

Zemo chuckled as both Sam and Bucky looked confused. "What?"

"John Walker. I refuse to call him Captain America, so I went for the off brand Walmart name, Shmaptain Shamerica."

Bucky nodded softly. "Valid."

"So, what brings you here?"

"We need your help."

"I'm in. Anything to get me out of here. It sucks!" Y/n exclaimed.

Sam placed a hand on her shoulder. "I don't know you very well, but I trust you more than him, so you're coming." Bucky nodded in agreement and looked at her.

Y/n hopped a little in excitement. "Though I'm a bit offended that you don't trust him, I appreciate that I am going to get out of this stinking place."

Zemo held out his arm. "Come along, then." Y/n wasted no time looping her arm through his as the two of them, followed by Sam and Bucky, walked out of the asylum.

"Um, excuse me. You're not allowed to  leave! You haven't been cleared," Doctor Hendricks stated.

"Ahem... Doctor Hendricks," Y/nbegan, lean close to him and whispering. "Does your wife know you've been cheating on her with Nurse Gemma?" His face paled as Y/n pushed him out of the way, walking out into the sun, inhaling deeply.

"Heard his thoughts?" Bucky asked.

"No. I saw them kissing and sweet talking in the hallway several times."

"You're frightening."

"Yeah, so don't lie to me, because I will know if you do," she grinned smugly at Sam, who rolled his eyes.

A/N: Sorry if this was a little rushed! Regardless of that, is it good? I hope so... I am making this story because one: ZEMOOOO two: I got this idea at midnight, and it seemed cool, so here you go. This is how to distinguish thoughts or the voices.

Thoughts
Voices

FYI: I do not have schizophrenia, so I don't know how accurate this will be... Also, in this chapter, Y/n has long hair, but then cuts it to desired length later. On that note, please enjoy!