𝐷𝑎, 𝐷𝑎, 𝐷𝑎, 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑑

The four of them walked through a hallway, and Y/n wished she had some sunglasses to flip down, because why not? The tension was still high from the fight earlier, so she decided to make a joke.

"I feel like the song Gangsta's Paradise should be playing right now." She looked back at Sam and Bucky, who just glared, yet she heard a small laugh eminate from Zemo. There was that feeling again, the fluttery, lighter than air feeling that only he could give.

He slightly turned his head towards her. "I liked it." Y/n grinned at this as he gave a soft smile back. Pretty soon, they entered a room in which someone sat in a chair, drumming their fingers against the armrest, back towards them.

Selby. Not a person to be messed with, she might kill you.

"You should know, Baron," said the figure. People don't just come into my bar and make demands."

"Not a demand," began Zemo. "An offer." He sat in a chair across from Selby, and Y/n leaned against the back of his chair, placing her arm around the back of it.

"A lot has changed since you were here last," Selby looked to Bucky, then to Zemo. "By the way... I thought you were rotting away in a German prison. How did you escape?"

"People like us always find a way, don't we? I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for."

Without looking away from Zemo, she pointed to Sam. "You're taller than I'd heard, Smiling Tiger."

Very suspicious.

Selby let out a purr, that caused Y/n to squint. She wasn't a character Y/n would want to bargain with or in general be around. "What's the offer?"

"Tell us what you know about the super soldier serum," Zemo told her, standing up and walking towards Bucky. "And I give you him, along with the code words to control him, of course." Zemo touched Bucky's face as he spoke. "He will do anything you want."

"Now that's the Zemo I remember. I'm glad I decided not to kill you immediately." Selby readjusted her sitting position. "Yeah, you were right to come to me. Arrogant, but right. The super soldier serum is here in Madripoor. Dr. Wilfred Nagel is the man you wanna thank. Or... Condemn, depending on what side of this you're on. The Power Broker had him working on the serum, but... Things didn't go as planned."

Zemo leaned left in the chair slightly. "Is Nagel still in Madripoor?"

"Oh," Selby whispered, leaning forward. "The bread crumbs you can have for free, but the bakery is gonna cost you, Baron. And before you get all cute, don't think you can find Nagel without me." Zemo looked down, thinking, when his head jerked up at the sound of Sam's phone buzzing.

Oh no...

Sam pulled out his phone, looking down at the caller ID.

Sarah.

Thanks to Samantha there, you're gonna die.

"Answer it," Selby demanded. On speaker." A tall man holding a gin walked up behind Sam, probably there to make sure he didn't try anything. Sam answered the phone, putting it near his mouth.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um, we need to talk about this situation. It's been driving me nuts."

"What situation exactly are you talkin' about?"

"Are you high?"

Y/n had to hold back a laugh at this as Sarah continued.

"You know what situation, it's the only situation me and you have."

"What situation, Sarah? Say it."

"The boat! And watch your tone. Okay? I let you slide at the bank."

Sam scoffed. "The bank, yeah. Laundered so much money!" Sam chuckled. "Yeah, they'll come around."

"If that was the case, then why'd they dog you out, Big Time?"

"You right, I'm Big Time. You'll see when I have that banker killed."

Join him, Y/n.

Kill the banker.

KILL HIM!

"Cass! What'd I tell you about the Cheerios? I don't have time for this! Sam, I'm sorry. I'll call you back."

"Oh no," Y/n whispered.

"'Sam'? Who's Sam?" Selby asked. "Kill them!" A shot rang through the air, yet not from the inside. It came through the window, hitting Selby in the chest. She collapsed to the ground, and her henchmen began to go after the four. Sam fought one, and Bucky another. Zemo grabbed Y/n's hand as they headed towards a door, both Sam and Bucky holding guns, ready to attack anyone who came in.

"They're gonna pin this on us," Sam announced.

"Way to go, Captain Obvious!" Y/n exclaimed.

"We have a real problem now, so leave your weapons and follow my lead," Zemo said. They made their way into the streets as phones began chiming all around.

Selby is dead?

Who is her killer?

Is it killers?

Them.

"Hate to ruin the party, boys, but we have to get out of here."

"This is not good," Zemo told them as a woman made a gun motion towards them. The lights fell dim, and guns began firing once again. Zemo protectively held Y/n, shielding her from any bullets. The bullets stopped, and guns clicked as if they were empty.

"That shouldn't happen!" Bucky yelled as he and Sam ran away in one direction while Zemo pulled Y/n away in another.

"What did you do?" he questioned.

"I did nothing!"

"I felt it! It was like an energy or something, but it was definitely you!"

He's getting close!

Look how smart he is!

Maybe we shouldn't kill him!

It was you. You'll find out soon.

"Zemo! They're telling me things, things that I don't know what they mean!"

Zemo stopped running, turned to face her, and placed his hands on her shoulders. "What are they saying?" His voice was soft, yet his breathing was heavy.

"They're saying it was me and that you're close and that I shouldn't kill you... I'm scared. What's happening to me, Zemo?" Her eyes were full of worry as he moved his hands from her shoulders to her face.

"I don't know, but I promise that we will figure it out, okay? I swear."

Y/n nodded softly as they took off again, turning a corner and finding Sam and Bucky, along with their followers. Three shots fired, killing all who were after them. Zemo walked closer to them.

"You seem to have a guardian angel," Zemo stated.

"Well, this is too perfect," a woman's voice said. Out of the shadows came a blonde holding a gun. She pulled off her hood, pointing the gun at Zemo. "Drop it, Zemo." As Zemo set his gun down, Y/n stood in between him and the new woman, feeling an overwhelming urge to protect him fill her body.

"Sharon?"

A/n: Heyyyyy!!! I hope you're all enjoying this story! I'm having fun writing it, and since the series ended, I have new ideas! But, I am conflicted on one aspect of this story... When Ayo and the Wakandians take Zemo away, should Y/n find a way to let him stay or should she break him out of the Raft? Because I have ideas for both, yet I'm not sure which one to use... Let me know! Anyways... Hope this story is good and if there are any spelling or grammatical errors, lemme know so I can change it! Byeee!!