Chapter 80

Grey light seeps through the cracks of the wooden-brown blinds and onto Daeun's pale complexion as she plaits her golden hair into tight dutch braids, the length of it falling along her shoulders and just above her chest

Her packed luggage was pressed against the pearl wall, her thick coat on top of it.

It was the early hours of Monday; 6am to be precise. The day of the trip to be even more precise. And yes she had decided to go to this stupid site, only to prove Seonghwa wrong though.

After he had left her by herself in that hallway, the day she had dreadfully slapped him, the two hadn't spoken since then nor had they even looked at each other. But whatever he had said to her, about her not feeling 'happy' had literally slapped her across the face too. It was like he knew what buttons to press to make her feel angry and upset, which truly frustrated Daeun because now if she doesn't go she can't prove him wrong and Seonghwa wins yet again.

In a weird metaphorical way, she was also trying to prove to herself that whatever he had waffled about was wrong.

She can be happy, she is happy.

Daeun sighed frustratedly. She was getting petty, she knows but what can she do, she was always rather competitive and she also wants to prove her deranged ex that he was wrong.

Getting onto her feet, she dragged her suitcase out of her room as she slips on her coat, a tired yawn escaping her lips. She slept pretty late, just after 1am and she had woken up at 5.

JOOHYUN IS CALLING

Daeun smiled, pressing the accept button. "Hey."

"Hi, thought you might have overslept, that's why I called." Her morning voice chuckled from the end of the line, and Daeun scoffed playfully. "You don't have to go if you don't want to cuz. You can prove Seongho wrong another day."

"You mean Seong- you know what never mind." Daeun waved off, sliding out of her apartment as quietly as she could. Joohyun was the only one that truly knew why Daeun was going on this so-called trip, and she tried to persuade her younger cousin that his words should mean shit to her but she just wouldn't listen.

And soon she understood that there was more to the situation than Daeun wasn't telling her.

"Have you left yet?" Joohyun softly asked.

"Yeah I-uh I just left." She answered vaguely as she steps out into the bitter cold morning, the melodious sounds of birds chirping filling their comfortable silence.

"You've just finished your exams right? What college are you planning to go to?" Joohyun inquired, attempting to make small talk but as it was early morning- the two were barely awake and frankly incapable of talking, they were still half dead and tired as hell.

"I don't know but not in Korea." Daeun responded and immediately Joohyun frowned. "There isn't a college here that takes classical music seriously… I want to play the cello for people when I'm older."