Chapter 29

Written 4/12/21

I laid down on the bed, letting out a sigh of relief as my head rested against my pillow. Today had been too long, it was hard to process it all. I couldn't handle all of this. Not just the fact that every time I left the house I had to be worried about being killed, but I also had to keep up with Cristiano and his emotions.

I hated to admit it, but I enjoyed the sex. Sometimes I craved it, and Cristiano knew it. He was so easily angered, and he couldn't control it. When he pounced on me in the car earlier, that was his way of relieving his stress and anger. I suppose that it was better than him hitting me, but him hitting me would make things so much easier. If he hit me, I could hate him. I would have a reason to be scared of him. I wouldn't have to be so confused.

I feel him get into bed next to me. An awkward silence lingers in the air as he pulls the covers over himself. We hadn't said a word to each other since I let him in the shower with me. We held each other and let the water run over us. I liked the quiet moments with him. It was strange how non-verbal communication seemed to be the most intimate for us. But as quickly as they'd start, they'd end. When Cristiano left the shower, I followed not long after. Now, despite our bodies being only a few inches away from each other, we were distant again.

I turned over on my side, to see Cristiano laying down on the bed, with his back turned to me. I didn't mind a little distance sometimes, it was nice to have some space, but I didn't want that right now. I wanted to know what had happened when Sergio got me out of the building. Was Rosa ok? Was anyone killed?

"Cristiano?" I say softly, not wanting to disturb him if he was sleeping. He groans sleepily.

"What is it?" He asks, not even turning over.

"Wh-who all died?" I ask hesitantly. He quickly turns over on his side to face me. I hated the look he was giving me. It was the, what did you just say to me? look.

"Why do you want to know Giada?" He says, sitting up against the headboard, crossing his arms.

"Because, it's important to me." I say, but it comes off more as a question. He sighs.

"We lost a few men, so did the Genovese. None of the guests were hurt, but Sergio got injured pretty badly, he's being taken care of." Cristiano says, practically without any emotion.

I let out a sigh of relief. I was glad mostly everyone was ok. Poor Sergio, he had saved my life, and still went back into the fight to help Cristiano. I was glad that even though he was hurt, we wasn't dead. But I still had one lingering question. What happened to the head of the Genovese family?

"Did the head get away?" I ask, in a meek tone, not wanting to upset him. I guess my tone didn't matter, because the expression on his face turned to pure anger.

"Yes." He answers, clenching his fists, and tightening his jaw. I didn't want to push him any further. If I asked him any more questions I was sure he'd hit me. Earlier he seemed to be in sort of a good mood, now he was back to being his usual, cruel self. His emotions were so up and down, I couldn't keep up. I didn't have the strength to deal with his angry side. I just nod, and roll over onto my side, facing my back to him.

I can feel him watching me. I wished he'd just lay down and go to sleep. He had probably killed people tonight, I didn't want someone like that to watch me sleep. Regardless, I started to drift off.

"Gia." Cristiano says sternly. I hum in response. Suddenly he takes a fist full of my hair, and yanks my head back, turning my entire body to face him. I let out a cry of discomfort.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He yells into my face.

My shock turns to fear, I want to run and hide in the bathroom. He has a firm grip on my hair, tilting it back so I'm forced to look at him. The expression on his face is pure rage. Tears form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry!" I cry out desperately.

He had officially boiled over. I knew he was upset, but all I had done, was make a simple mistake. I had made plenty of mistakes before, and sure sometimes he got upset, but never like this.

At this point tears are streaming down my face. I didn't know what he was going to do to me. I can see a tinge of regret form in his eyes, but he still had an angry look on his face. He lets go of my hair, and leans back against the headboard. I cast my eyes downward, trying to calm myself down. I was practically shaking.

Hesitantly, I turn over, and rest my head on my pillow. He's still sitting up against the headboard. Despite my absolute fear, I start to drift off again.

It was funny how a little while ago, I felt like I was falling for him. Now I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. Up and down, up and down. But I couldn't get away from him, I was trapped.

i know some of you are gonna be absolutely frustrated with this chapter 😬😚...anyways....
don't forget to vote and comment!!

if you guys ever want to vent about the story you can message me!! i love knowing what you guys think 👀