CYAN

The moment I hear the howl of pain, I cover my ears and bend over, closing my eyes in the process as well. That scream is the most unearthly and high-pitched one that I have ever heard in my entire life...

After what seems like an eternity, though, it stops.

Cautiously, I uncover my ears, bracing myself for another scream.

Worst mistake of my life.

The next scream which comes my way can literally shatter the glass trophy which is just outside Office. Rubbing my eardrums, I stay in my spot for a while.

Gosh! Red's victim has a really shrill scream... is he torturing him/her or something? I hope that Red is not stabbing him/her with his sharp knife...

Wait, what am I doing? Why am I still standing here, frozen? OMG... What's wrong with me... I should be helping Red's victim and put an end to his or her suffering...

Without any more hesitation, I dash out of my side of the Office and manoeuvre to the left, zipping open my front pocket just in case I need to report a murder. (Which I would most likely have to do.)

I blink at the scene right in front of my eyes.

Red's right arm is extended to the ground as his body blocks a mass on the ground. On closer inspection, however, the mass on the ground is... orange in colour. And Red's carrying a... a gun in his hand.

As if on cue, Orange's screams stop.

So... Red killed Orange. And now... Orange is dead.

Why am I not surprised? These Impostors are just too predictable, man.

Getting over the initial mild shock of seeing Orange's dead body on the floor, I am about to fish out my airhorn when the Impostor in front of me lets out a sigh.

"Finally! A straight shot! Man, it feels so good to be able to shoot straight for once... the number of times that I was voted out because I kept on missing my shots is way too many to count..." Red muses.

"Or the number of times that you were voted out due to you being caught in the act?" I smirk as I raise my airhorn, my index finger on the report button.

However, it seems that Red is not done with his act yet.

One second before my finger hits the button, Red quickly fishes out his IPad and hits another button on it, causing him to seamlessly morph, with a short rumbling sound, into a certain female Crewmate with a purple suit.

H-He's... a SHAPESHIFTER??? Or is it Purple who is the shapeshifter? (Honestly though, the imagery of the game is amazing. The nature of the shapeshifting ability of the Impostors is such that even a seasoned player like me would be unable to look past the holographic image of the Crewmate whom the Impostor is faking the identity of.)

No... it can't be Purple who is the Impostor. Red was the one who faked the Dropship task, after all.

All of a sudden, a few milliseconds after I had pressed the report button, a black mass of static covers my visor, temporarily blinding me.

That part never fails to wow me. You see, if the host of a lobby sets the settings of the game such that there is a chance (even a small one) that at least one of the Impostors would be a Shapeshifter, this will happen after a body is reported or an emergency meeting is called. Cannot have the reporter see the Shapeshifter immediately morph back into his/her original form, can we, now? In this scenario, all the players on the map would also be required to put on their helmets so that they can see the same scenes in front of them - the black mass of static, followed by the original view which the players were seeing before the disruption, just without other players in the view. The last part, though... the only flaw of the mechanics of the game. You'll see my point later.