ch.2 - an old friend

after dealing with that so called "wakagashira", Koutarou and his men left to deal with another guy who also wanted to meet up with his father.

they arrived at a field that was nothing but weeds and dirt. there was a small river that streamed down the side of it.

"hey kid!! where your boss!?" the man shouted as he walked towards them, flicking his finished cigarette to the ground

"oy what does these low-life gangsters want with the boss huh?" one of Koutarou's men shouted out.

"you got a problem you little prick? tsk, i asked your boss to meet me today but i guess he was too shaken up to meet me and sent you useless idiots instead huh? tsk...what a joke..."

"you got a problem with that!!! imma show you real quick that we don't joke around when it comes towards our boss!!"

the man grabbed his baton from his jacket and slowly walked towards the other man

"not right now Gen, he's not worth on picking a fight with. tsk he doesn't even have his friends around him to back him up, Isn't that right Mr. Tohru?!"

Koutarou shouted as he smirked, giving the man a deadly look,

"you little punk!! ahh anyways!! i was told to give you boss this."

the man threw a briefcase toward them. one of the men went to grab it as he opened it for Koutarou. the briefcase was filled with cash and a note.

'from an old friend, thank you for all the help.'

"take it to your boss, i'm pretty he'll know who it's from. see ya kid." the man said as he walked away. driving off in his car.

Koutarou read the note as he put it back and signaled to move out. as Koutarou reached home he headed towards his fathers study.

"father?...it's me Koutarou..." "come in..."

Koutarou went in as he saw his father at his desk writing down on a piece of paper and signing it.

"did you meet up with the two guys who requested to see me?" "ah yes...the frist guy threw a fit and demanded to see you instead of me. i asked him what his business what with you and he just threw a punch at me but i'm fine. anyway he never told me what he needed so we just left and so we met up with the second man..."

"well at least your fine son...so did Mr.Tohru give you anything?"

"ah yes...but how did you know that it was Mr.Tohru?"

"his boss called me to make sure that you'll be meeting with him.."

"oh okay well he gave u this briefcase fill with cash, may i ask why?"

Koutarou's father cleared his throat as he looked up at him,

"it from a old friend of mine. i helped him with a money issue back in the day when i was still active. he called me a few weeks ago that he's retiring and letting his son be his replacement. he's repaying his debit as he promised he would."

Koutarou looked at his father as he sighed, his facial expression changed a bit,

"speaking of his son becoming a replacement, you might remember his son. His name is Akaashi Keiji, you met him when you both were younger but they have to move due to a turf war. so now Keiji is gonna take over, and i want you to take over my place as well."

Koutarou looked up to his father as he replayed those last words in his head over and over,

"I'll be honored to father but are you sure?"

"yes i think the time has come for me to also retire as well."

"I do my best and try not to disappoint you and grandfather..."

Koutarou bowed and left his fathers study.