**t h r e e **

-Jade P.O.V-

I was sitting on the counter. My arms felt like they were going to break any second. Every time I stopped, Juniper glared at me. The batter was literally so thick now. I was pretty sure that the cake box thingies said to only mix it for like 5 minutes. I had been going on for 15 minutes, and every time I showed the batter to Juniper she would just wave her hand at me and tell me to keep going.

To be honest, I didn't have high expectations for this cake. I was never a fan of baking. I was always paranoid that I would end up burning the house down (my parents won't appreciate their home in flames). Juniper had always been the chef among us.

It wasn't really fair that I was breaking my arms over mixing some stupid batter while Jun just sat there and waited for the oven to preheat. I was pretty sure this cake was already cursed. For a start, I cracked three eggs in there, while Juniper told me to use only two. And I could see some bits of eggshell floating here and there. I mean, it ain't my fault. I'm no baking expert, am I?

I just wanted to chill and watch some Netflix with her, but Jun dragged me to the kitchen to bake. I couldn't even say no to her because she looked so happy. We were baking a cake for Adrian, because it's his birthday in a week. I thought that was such a dumb thing to do, because:

Adrian is a little brat.

The cake will probably capsize till his birthday.

I let Juniper tell me what to do, because I wanted to make her happy. I poured the batter into the baking tin thing and spilled some on the counter. Juniper huffed at me and forced me to clean it. Ugh.

Juniper sprinkled some strawberries on it and put the tin in the oven. Ummm...Aren't you supposed to put the strawberries in later...? Oh well. Jun knows what she's doing.

Juniper stared in the oven through the little window, squealing whenever she saw the batter rise a bit. I rolled my eyes at her and pulled her out of the kitchen by her arm. She started to protest, wanting to watch the cake process. I just pushed her onto the couch and made Adrian sit on her so she won't move. Hey, maybe he isn't so useless after all. Adrian giggled and refused to get up when she started to move. I knew how much Juniper loved Adrian.

We had to watch this stupid paw patrol episode because of Adrian. And as much as I don't like to admit it, I was taking interest. I cringed every time they made terrible dog puns.

The time passed away quickly and I looked at Adrian who was now fast asleep on Juniper. Juniper was reading the film credits. I yawned and stretched my limbs.

What's that smell? Ew. Juniper also seemed to notice it and scrunched her nose. Then it hit me.

THE FREAKING CAKE! WE FORGOT ABOUT THE FREAKING CAKE!

I gasped and stood up and ran toward the kitchen.

''What happened? Bro you good?''

I didn't reply to Juniper, knowing how upset she would be. But my hopes crashed when she came into the kitchen.

Juniper had probably realized that the cake must have been ready. The Paw Patrol movie took so long to end.

'OMG! This cake will be sooo perfect!! We did it Jade!'

She high fived me and did a small victory dance. I passed her the oven mitts, and she reached into the oven, coughing at the amount of smoke. Her face fell as soon as she saw the cake. It was far from perfect. Most of the batter had overflowed and it stuck to the sides of the tin. The cake was pure black and it stank of...burned cake. It didn't even deserve to be called 'cake'. It was a blob of burned batter with squashed strawberries lurking in it;'s depth. In the middle of the blob, a piece of egg shell stood tall and proud.

Tears pooled into her eyes and she looked as if she was going to break down. I knew how sensitive she was.

'Hey, listen, the cake turned out so...good! I'm sure Adrian will love it!'

She looked at me in disbelief, and scoffed.

'Shut up! Stop lying. It doesn't even look edible...no human in their right mind would eat this crap'

I laughed.

'Well, Adrian isn't a human and he isn't in his right mind is he? I'm sure he'll love it.'

'You think?'

I nodded and called Arian to prove my point. After 2 minutes of my constant yelling, Adrian came into the kitchen looking all grumpy. If looks could kill I'd be dead by now.

He looked at the cake and gasped, bouncing around in the kitchen and dancing. He grabbed a spoon from the countertop and scooped up a big chunk of the cake and stuffed it into his mouth.

Juniper held her breath, waiting for his reaction. Adrian's eyes widened and he practically inhaled the rest of the cake, scraping off the burned bits from the tin. Oops. I forgot you have to line the dish with butter or whatever so the cake doesn't stick. Oh well.

I grinned. If the birthday boy loved the cake, it's a solid success. Adrian jumped up and hugged Juniper's legs and ate the rest of the batter that had escaped the tin. What a weirdo. Me and Juniper gave him a weird look, before we burst into laughter.

These were the times we had together that I treasured in my heart. I loved making Juniper happy. I wanted to be there for her ups and downs, and I wanted to be there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on.

                                      ____________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

awww some nice friendship goals for y'all right there. Also, the real drama begins a bit later. I want to emphasize how perfect their friendship is. 

VOTE AND COMMENT<3

next chapter will be published after 30 reads ;)