o5

𝘰5 | 𝘠𝘌𝘚

TWO MONTHS PASSED and Max and Lavender would finally see each other again

They spotted each other at the platform and immediately both of their eyes widened.

They hugged each other tightly and grinned at each other. "This is our last year."

Lavender grinned. "Yeah, you're one step closer to marrying Remus."

Max blushed. "Oh shut it. We need to find a compartment."

And with that they ended up sitting in the marauders compartment.

Max opened the door while Lav hid in the background. "Can we sit here? Everywhere else is full."

Remus immediately jumped up and kissed her. Lavender groaned and rolled her eyes. "Enough PDA please."

They both broke away, blushing. Sirius turned to her. "Go out with me?"

Her heart beat quickened. Sure, normally she had no problems turning him down but now that she's discovered her feelings... it was harder than she thought.

"No. Anyways how were your holidays?" Lavender asked.

James smirked. "Lily and I met up a few times."

Lav's eyes widened. "What?"

Lily always said that she needed time for herself and that she went to the park or shopping. Lavender felt betrayed and was sad that Lily wouldn't tell her the truth.

Everyone looked at her, confusion written all over their faces. She shook her head and put on a fake smile. "If you'll excuse me."

She walked out of the compartment and made her way towards Lily's. As she arrived, Lavender immediately frowned as she picked up a few sentences her sister spoke. 'James was so cute.' and 'It were the best days of my life.'

Lavender closed her eyes and knocked. "May I borrow Lily for a second?"

Lily frowned but followed her sister out. After making sure no one was overhearing their conversation, Lavender turned to Lily.

"You can't keep lying to me, Lily. I told you everything about myself. My feelings towards Sirius, my crush on Max in third year, my fears of losing you. But you tell me nothing. It wasn't always like that so what changed?" Lavender blinked away a few tears.

Lily sighed. "You don't have to tell me anything, Lav. I honestly don't care anymore."

"What happened to you? You weren't like this before." Lavender frowned.

Lily rolled her eyes. "I don't want to talk with you right now." And with that she left a now crying Lavender behind.

She only came out when the train came to a halt. She sighed before walking towards the carriages. She sat with a few Ravenclaw students.

As soon as she arrived at the Great Hall, arms were wrapped around her waist. Max.

"I was so worried! You just disappeared and you didn't come back and-," Max rambled.

Lavender cut her off with a forced smile. "Sorry about that. But I need to talk with you."

Max furrowed her brows. The last time she had seen Lav so serious was in third year. "Okay, sure."

After finishing dinner, Lavender immediately dragged Max into their Dorm.

Lav sighed deeply before starting to ramble. "So Lily never told me that she had feelings for James or that she met up with him whereas I told her everything about my life. Plus there are these new stupid things I feel- I didn't even feel them towards Dorcas let alone Diggory- and it's making me sick! Because I fancy Sirius Black."

The only thing you could hear for a while was Lavender's heavy breathing. Suddenly Max's lips turned into a large grin. "You like Sirius."

Lav glared at her. "Yes. Now what should I do about Lily? She literally told me she didn't care about me."

Max turned serious real quick. "That doesn't sound like Lily."

"I know right?" Suddenly she smirked. "That's why we need to break into her Dorm."

Max grinned back at her. "Say less."

Since Lily was still in the Great Hall, the friends had no problem breaking into Lily's Dormitories.

After minutes of searching, Max found a letter. "Pst. Lav."

She opened the letter. "Never talk to me again. I hate you, freak. From Petunia."

Lavender groaned. "Honestly that was the reason? Losing one sister isn't good enough for her?"

Max looked at her apologetic. "Well at least now you know."

Suddenly the door opened. Lily. "What are you doing here?"

Max looked between the two sisters and excused herself.

Immediately Lavender started talking. "You aren't the only one who lost Petunia, okay? I lost her too. And I don't want to lose you as well. So please stop acting like a dick and talk to me before you lose another sister."

It seemed like this worked and Lily finally told Lavender everything about her life. Hours passed and the girls were happy.

But not for much longer.

The next day everyone sat in the Great Hall as the marauders approached the girls.

Sirius smirked in Lav's direction. "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me?"

Without looking up from her plate she replied. "Yes."

The whole Hall grew quiet. Sirius smirk dropped, James chocked on air as well as Peter, Remus' eyes widened, Dumbledore's eyes twinkled and McGonagall chocked on her pumpkin juice.

"W-What?" Sirius stuttered.

Lavender smirked and finally looked up. "I said yes."

His eyes widened. "Uh- Wha- What?"

Lavender let out a laugh. "Yes. Y- e - s. Wanna hear it in french? Oui."

Sirius' jaw dropped. He was quiet for a moment before stuttering. "I-I'll meet you t-tomorrow at ten?"

She smirked. "Sure." And with that she left the Great Hall.

Dumbledore looked at Sirius, sighed and winked. "Young love."

Sirius shook his head and snapped it towards his friends. "I didn't just dream this, right?"