Chapter 10

Today is the day. The Moriarty brothers, along with Sebastian and Fred, will be arriving with their belongings at any second.

Despite many hopeless attempts at trying to get my mind out of the continuous cycle of thinking about William and his words, I could not succeed. 

Counting five times, I have lost myself inside of my thought bubble. 

His tone, his facial expressions, his words. Foes? Danger? Someone might hurt me? 

I began to feel waves of annoyance, wrath, and fatigue, all at the same time. 

Comprehending William's warnings upon other people. Surely I was prepared to eventually hear those words from someone. If they did not have any enemies, it would only mean that they are doing something completely and utterly wrong. 

We, too, had many obstacles to overcome. On numerous occasions, it would even go as far as having to erase certain individuals, from the face of the earth. 

With that being said, I was not afraid of constantly being on the lookout for any possible danger. What intimidated me more was William himself. 

Perhaps it was because he was charismatic. Or maybe it was because of his other personality which he used as a disguise to maintain his friendly and kind persona. Better yet, maybe it was because of my own wrongdoing at being too careless. Even more, perchance I was too comfortable with him.

"UGH." I huffed, convincing myself not to rip out my own hair. 

"Lady Y/N, are you feeling alright?" Rosie hurried towards me.

Yet again, I have allowed myself to escape into my thought bubble, forgetting that I wasn't alone.

"Make it six times." I breathed out.

I looked up to see Rosie's concern mixed with a confused expression.

"I'm alright Rosie, only a little stressed," I clarified while drowning myself into our leather sofa chair. 

Rosie got down on her knees and took my hand into hers. "I understand the pressure you must be going through. It is a difficult task to try and change England. But please take better care of yourself, my lady. I will make you a cup of tea." With that, she left. 

If only you knew Rosie...

I heard a carriage approaching; however, I chose to let Claire help them out. 

After all, I can't help but be upset with William for doing this to me. Still, I am aware that those weren't his intentions.

Or maybe they were...

Shut up Y/N, shut up, shut up, shut up!

~~~~

Hours have passed and I did not move a muscle.

Rosie went out of her way to make me multiple cups of fresh tea, bringing a new one the moment I was done with the old one, as well as, notifying me that they were done moving in and everything was intact and in place.

Nonetheless, I was barely capable to grasp her words, unable to prevent myself from zoning out, far away from reality. 

Even after being called out to join the new family for dinner, I rejected. 

Glued to the comfort of the chair and the warmth of the fireplace in front of me, I sat there thinking, and thinking, and thinking.

Maybe bashing my head will speed up the process.

I rocked back and forth, eyes focused on the fire, rubbing my left temple with my two fingers.

"Good evening Lord Albert." I suddenly greeted him.