Chapter Fifty-Nine

Extra-long chapter:)

My father stood there in all his unique glory wearing a pair of worn-out jeans and a puffer coat. His hair was covered with a beanie and a scruff was grown on his jaw and upper lip. The hazel eyes of his reminded me of Gavin. Only his held the glint of psycho that my brother's never had.

I didn't say a word to him at first. I just stood there and stared at him, not too surprised that he was here. After all, I had wanted and expected this. "Hey, Dad, I see you've found me again," I greeted with a dramatic smile, cringing at calling him my father. "Congratulations." I was practically staring at the face of death, yet somehow I felt a little relief. Because this time, I was going to make sure it ended. No more running for me. I was exhausted. I was bored. I was done.

A few more men around Charles' age that I didn't recognize seemed to appear out of the shadows. They were people from the gang he once allied with I guessed. They were all armed with a gun each and threatening with a glare in their cold eyes. Though, surprisingly to me, Sam wasn't amongst them. Maybe I had been wrong about Charles helping him out of prison, after all.

"I see you've still got that attitude of yours," he growled. A large man walked up to me right then and I didn't cower away or step back. I was greatly outnumbered, and I knew that man could take me down in a second. He grabbed me tightly on the upper arm and started pulling me back inside the house where Charles led the way.

Once we were all back in the silent living room, I tried shrugging the man's grip off me. "Come on, man, let me go." I got nothing but a growl in response, so I gripped his wrist tightly and twisted his arm until he let me go to save himself from the pain. What I didn't expect, was for his hand to then grab my throat. As his fingers dug tightly into my skin, cutting off my air supply, he slammed my body back against the wall, making a loud thud sound in the room. I clawed at his hands on me, completely unable to get a breath. The feeling of being suffocated was the absolute worst thing to go through in my opinion. I can handle a gun being pointed at me or a knife being thrown in my direction, but as soon as you cut off my air supply, that's when the real panic sets in for me.

Just as the black spots started filling and clouding my vision, a gunshot sounded throughout the room and the man holding me went limp and fell to the ground, completely lifeless. Without actually wanting to, I fell to the floor beside him, still grasping at my throat as oxygen finally returned to my lungs as I coughed and gasped. "I didn't realize he was that dumb to violate my orders," Charles chided, waving his handgun in the air as he spoke.

Taking a long moment to recover, I watched dark-red blood seep out of the circular wound in the man's chest. Charles had perfect aim, I'd give him that much credit. I pushed myself back to leaned against the wall, getting further away from the body, but still too close for comfort nonetheless. "Killing comes so easily to you, doesn't it?" I asked calmly.

The murderous man scoffed, actually seeming truly offended by my words, at least a little bit, but didn't respond to me. A friend of his, on the other hand, did. "Shut up, Brat, or you'll end up like him."

My father slipped a glare at the man who spoke up but didn't raise his gun. "Stay at the door and window. Make sure no one else makes an appearance. Find a souvenir for all I care, just get out of my sight," he snapped. The man's jaw tightened, but he didn't speak up again, instead, he walked down the hallway, where I knew my friends were residing. Probably aware of what was going on at this point since me being slammed against a wall and someone being shot was pretty loud. I hoped it had at least woken them up to the extent that they could defend themselves as soon as they realized a stranger was in the bedroom with them. I had faith that at least Kason was up and aware, though.