Direction

When I'm not thinking of you, I get lost on the run from myself.
When you weren't on my mind last night, I saw a dungeon of tormented women who I kept sneaking past, grateful they didn't see me. Some of them were nude, dirty, exhausted, bloody, and beaten, though there was one who had no body at all, just her mind.
She was the only one who noticed me and she wanted me to take her with me, upstairs, up and out to freedom.
I decided to do it, so up we went, up the rusty stairs until they became clean.
We ran into many people, mainly men, clean and unaware of what was happening just downstairs.
My mind was split between asking them to help the women downstairs, and asking them to help me.
Essentially we all needed the same thing - to get out.
I decided to just ask them for direction, because eventually I kept getting turned around.
However, some of the men caught on to me trying to escape and would chase me and the mind I still had with me, trying to convince us to go back to where we belonged.
We refused, and ran as quickly as we could, narrowly missing our enemies, up more and more stairs.
The stairs led to more hallways, more peaways, until eventually we saw that we were actually on a ship, and even more unaware people were caught up in an exhausting fire drill.
Aware to no longer ask for direction, the mind and I just kept running...
So when you don't cross my mind, I get lost.