The carnival chaos

It is the season of carnivals but all is not well in the Kingdoms. The happy ever after seems a little too far. With families returning from far-off places to visit the princes and princesses, there is chaos all around.

   I feel a little fearful, despite the fact that I am the one who saved the kingdoms and brought peace. I am the only human who is now allowed in the kingdom, and some creatures still see this exception with evil eyes.

   — Let's go to the carnival, I tell Twidle, trying to smile.

   We cross the bridge adorned with flowers and thin twigs, only to be amazed. In front of the tall stone castle, fairies, celestides, elves, centaurs and all other creatures flee in terror. Their screams clog my ears, causing me to drop the gift on the grass. I approach the terrified crowd cautiously to see the source of the problem.

   — Anyia, get out of here! Finnick shouted at me as he focused on casting spells on the evil healer.

   The healer is in the center of the carnival, laughing at everyone else who tries in vain to use his powers to hit him. With the help of his hard oak and phoenix bird wand, he manages to absorb the powers of those who attack him. I take the bow and the quiver with arrows out of my bottomless bag and charge to mix through the crowd so as not to be spotted.

   — What are we doing now? I ask the frightened mushroom on my shoulder.

   — Where are the prince and princess? It could help us! he shouted to hear it in all the noise around us.

   I look at the castle and the doors are locked. It seems that the healer has made sure that no warrior fairy will interrupt his fun. I hide behind a burned carnival tent. I take the flap pendant from my neck and open it. There I hold the Phoenix feather, which I received as a reward after helping a Phoenix escape from the healer's prison. I remember Eyolf telling me clearly:

   "—If you ever want to call a phoenix, just burn the feather you got"

   I jump out of hiding and let go of my feathers in the nearest fire. Almost instantly, a master bird appears in the sky and, eyeing the healers, takes him to a flight lesson. Taken by surprise, he drops his wand, which I quickly catch. I shake the wand a few times so that everyone's powers can leave it.

   Dozens of lights made of multicolored magic dust begin to fly from the wand I hold in my hand to find the creature they belong to. All the evil spells cast by healers fall apart, and when the creatures notice me in the middle of the carnival, now back to normal, they hug me.

   I don't know what happened to the healer, but I'm confident that Phoenix bird rewarded him as he deserves for his deeds.

#onceuponacarnival