Little Soldier Boy

This is a lot different than the other chapters. Still Revalink, but in a different way. More Author Notes at the end.

---------

The leaves that fell all around Link made him realize just how big yet small in the universe he actually was. The little things in life may have seemed small to him, however, to little ants that were on the ground, it was such a big thing. He never got time to sit and realize this when he was Zelda's guard 100 years ago, and now he was glad he was able to. It was nice to be able to sit here under the tree and watch everything happen.

Zelda was currently out and about, doing her thing with one of the Shrines, insisting that Link sit out and wait for her. He wasn't opposed to it, knowing that it would give him time to think to himself, which he didn't get a lot. It was something he appreciated. He wasn't able to sleep often, as his nightmares were getting out of hand, but the softness of the wind and the grass made him feel better. One of his hands grabbed at the fabric of his tunic, and a sigh came out of him. He missed the scarf that he would once get from his lover, years ago. Before he could dwell anymore, a hand was rested on his shoulder, and a blond bob cut came into view. The smile of the Princess was like a sunray, however, even today, it couldn't cut through the clouds that were Link's mind.

"So, I have acquired the information that I needed. We can head back to the castle now," Zelda said, walking over to her horse without a second thought. The warrior on the other hand stood up slowly, swearing that every day he carried this sword on his back, it got heavier. What was he truly doing here? Zelda was learning how to fight, there was no more threat. What was he here for?