2. Match

TW : Alcoholism & abuse

Genevieve's POV :
I came from my school after doing all the classes. It was afternoon & I felt better than how I was feeling at morning. It was time for a the match. I wore a white sweatshirt to match his team & a plain black jeans. I brushed my hair & tied it up as a ponytail.

It was the match time. I went to the stadium. People were everywhere. It was the first match of senior year & everyone came to show their support. "Hey girlie, what are you doing here?" Erika asked who is the closest person as we call a friend. "Um, Jason wanted me here actually for the match today." I replied. "Dang, you literally caught all the guy's attention since last year." she laughed. I don't know if the laugh was genuine or not but I still rolled my eyes at her playfully.

"Hey Genevi, you look gorgeous as always." Jason said with a genuine smile & embraced me with a hug. I nodded my head as response. "I'm glad you came." he said breaking the hug still with the smile. "Well yeah, I love football. Not that I can play, well I wish I could play & the least I could do is watch the match." I said with a smile on my face. "Well, then I guess I have to show you how to play." he said & winked at me as he was leaving for the match. I just seated on my sit beside Erika. "Girl, Mason has a crush on you!!!" she chirped as she said that. "Oh shut up, no he doesn't. He's just nice & friendly." "OH MY GOSH, MASON SMITH HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!!" she still said with a shocked expression. I ignored her that comment.

Shortly after, as my luck works, I met with Camilla. She was wearing the cheerleader outfit of white tight tied up crop top & very short skirt which barely covers her almost non-existing butt.

 She was wearing the cheerleader outfit of white tight tied up crop top & very short skirt which barely covers her almost non-existing butt

She looked at me & gave her go-to "bitch" look. I ignored her completely but still the incident from the morning where she said those things about my family, came to my mind and I felt like crying again. "What are you doing here, bitch?" "Jason invited me here for him." I told her because I didn't want to make any scene again like earlier. "Why would he even ask you that? I'm here for him. I'm the cheerleader & I'm supporting him. So go & lie anywhere else." she said. "Well, he actually did invite her actually." Erika said quietly. "Oh please Erika! Just because you didn't get the validation in our group, you don't need to be friend with this clumsy whore & act like her friend." Camilla spitted and Erika got quiet. I started to feel bad again. So I just went from there back in the street for some fresh air.

The heaviness was building on me and I couldn't hold on the feeling longer so one tear dropped from my eye followed by another. I was just crying at the side of the road. Suddenly I felt a intoxicating cologne at my side. I quickly wiped my eyes & turned just to meet with those hypnotising grey eyes. "Are you okay?" Andrew asked me. "Yeah I'm fine. I just needed some air to refresh my mind." I answered. "Oh okay." he replied. Then there was this awkward silence between us. So I just said, "I'm gonna go now. The game has been already started." "Yeah, sure." he said grabbing his skateboard & started skating from there.

——

The game finished. Our school team won the game. Jason was very happy. I saw Camilla running towards him & grabbing him for a hug. He quickly moved away from her. I saw the embarrassment on her face & laughed in my mind. "They played quite good, no?" suddenly Francisco came to me & asked. I looked at him bending my neck. He was 6 feet tall & had the dark hair with the ocean eyes with that olive skin. He looks marvellous as always specially with that smile on his face. "Yeah they played quite well." I answered to him with a smile. He was so warming. He chuckled while I saw Jason talking to his roommates, hugging them. Suddenly his eyes caught mine. He gave me a flirty smile.

Jason came up to me with that huge flirty proud smile on his face. "Did you like the game?" he asked. "Yeah I loved it & so did Francisco." I told him looking at Francisco. He suddenly had hard expression on his face & he was not smiling like he usually do. "Yeah mate, you quite pulled the game." Francisco told Jason & I just watched them. "Okay I might go now, it's darkening outside." I told them. They both just shook their head & said goodbye as I left.

When I was home, mom was already there. She looked tired as always. "Hey honey, you're home. Where have you been? Your school finishes at 4 pm. It's 7:30 pm now." she asked. "Well, there was the football match. How was your day?" I asked. "My went just like it does, as always. How's you? I can tell you're not so well today." she said. I felt like crying again.

She was always this caring & noticed everything about me. She is my everything. I don't have my dad– well, I never did. She had me when she was 19. She was a college student when she had me from a one night stand. She had to drop college for me. I never met my biological dad. She said that he didn't care for me or my mom. I don't have any sibling. I had a step-father though. He made me & my mom happy but after loosing his job, he became alcoholic & abusive. He used to beat my mom every single day when he came home drank. I used to hide behind the wall locking the door & cry every single night knowing I can't do anything. I was 6 when all this started & went till I was 11. When I was 8, my mother came to know that he cheated on her. She still forgave him. Then he cheated & cheated on her until she couldn't take it anymore. She filed a divorce & since then, it's just me & my mom. Life hasn't been easy but it's always better when I'm with my mom. She is all I need.

I was hesitant at first if I should tell her the incident from morning but quickly decided to tell her because she was my only true friend & also best friend. I told her what happened. It made her sad, I knew it would. Still she covered it up & gave me her bright smile which could light up the room like it always does. She cupped my face by her hands & said, "Never be weak no matter whatever happens, dear. This all a test from God & he loves us. This all what makes us unique & strong from others. We have to be strong from all of this & show people no matter what they say, we know our worth & always stand for what's right."

A weak smile made a way on my face. I was sad & I know she was too but she never showed it. She has always been strong & independent woman. When my step-dad had job, she still did a job. Only because she likes to independent. Not only by financially but by everything. I just don't understand why she kept him when he was abusive & cheated on her multiple times. Maybe because he made her & me felt so safe & loved once upon a time. She still divorced him though & I am proud of her. She cried for some days but then she was– again that fierce, caring, independent woman whom I always look up to. She is my inspiration & I love her till death.

"I love you mom." I told her still hugging her on couch. "I love you too, my baby." she smiled & kissed top of my head. "I still have to make dinner though. So get up & get fresh so we could have dinner together." she told me while getting up. "Okay, mom." I replied. I went to my room & got fresh.

I went downstairs & saw my favourite beef steak on the dining table. I went to the table running like a child. I sat on the chair where my mom was smiling at me. We prayed at the table & had our dinner. Then I went back to my room after having dinner. I did my homework, some assignments, played a bit video games. Then I made myself ready for sleep & just slept.

I woke up gasping for air. I had asthma & whenever I had a nightmare, it just had to come. I woke up & used my inhaler. I had a glass of water too. These nightmares about my past seemed like never to leave me.

                            ~~~~~~~

                          Please vote.❤️