iRealize

prologue : iSpeedDate

Sam's pov:

I went to the Groovy Smoothie after I saw Gibby with his girlfriend. Her name's Tasha apparently. I can't explain why she's dating him. I mean she's hot and look at him, he's not exactly... the guy to get one of those girls. Anyways I wasn't mad cause he was hanging out with her rather than with me. I don't care what he thinks of me, he's a Gibby. Still, I felt somewhat alone.

I came though the door when I saw Carly and Freddie close dancing together. Her head was laying on his shoulder and his hands were wrapped around her waist while they were smoothly moving to the beat.

Suddenly I felt this pain in my chest. It felt like my heart broke into a million pieces. Why was this happening?

Why am I feeling like this, it's just my two best friends dancing... close.

Freddie finally had his dance with the girl he loved. I felt sad at that thought. He loved her all along.

What direction are my thoughts taking?

I was still staring at them and they didn't seem to notice me, they were too lost in their world.

I felt how I was tearing up. Why? Nothing's wrong with that. Just a perfect girl who always outshines everyone and a nub dancing together at a school dance.

I slowly walked backwards, I couldn't stand seeing them like that. It just hurt my heart on a whole new level.

Wait... was I... was I in love with t-the nub? No, that can't be! We always hated each other. I hit on him the whole time and that's our thing. Why do I feel this way suddenly? I don't want that! Why god? Why the nub? Couldn't it have been some other guy, any other guy?!

I mean, I did look at him differently ever since our first kiss. It was... pretty intense, to say the least. Sparks were flying and time stopped. I know, I know, we said it was a 'just to get it over with' kiss and to him it was probably not more but to me it was... and that terrified me.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice I was still staring at them.

I looked through the glass door one more time and went away sadly.

After a few seconds I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to turn around.

Freddie?

Freddie's pov:

I was dancing with Carly. There was just one weird thing. I should be the happiest boy alive, dancing with my crush this close but... somehow I don't feel anything. Not nothing, I just felt like dancing with a sister. Carly felt like a sister to me. Suddenly I realised something odd. I wasn't in love with Carly Shay, not anymore. I knew that I was getting less jealous when she talked about or with other boys but still... it felt weird.

I opened my eyes and looked around in the room when my eyes suddenly caught a sad looking face outside the door. It was... Sam? Her look was downcast and she was on her way to walk away. What was up with her? Why is she so upset? I don't know why but I felt the sudden urge to go after her, to ask her what's wrong and if she tells me... maybe to even comfort her.

I pulled away from Carly. "Carly, I'm sorry, I... I'll be right back." I stuttered and ran after Sam.

"What? Freddie? What are you doing?" she yelled after me but I didn't care to respond. All I cared about was Sam.

I finally caught up on her. I pulled her shoulder to turn her to face me.

"Freddie? What-what are you doing here?" she asked wiping away her tears. Wait. She was crying?

"You okay?" I questioned.

"I-I'm fine." She wasn't. I could see through her lies. I know her better than anyone.

"No you're not." I said casually.

Her look sank to her feet.

"Tell me."

"No, it's... it's dumb... and insane..."

I chuckled softly. Now I was curious.

"You can tell me anything, you know."

She sighted. "It's just..." she stopped and looked around.

We were in the middle of the sidewalk next to a full driven street. We could barely understand each other's words.

"Not here." She pulled me after her by my wrist.

She was so strong for such a petite girl.

We went to the fire escape... where else should we be? The place of our first kiss, our place.

We sat down.

"Sam, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"I... I think I... like you." she said quietly. I wasn't sure if she actually said that. No way. Samantha Puckett liking a nub like me?

"W-what?" I asked to be sure.

"I like you, like like like. When I saw you and Carly dance today I-I felt a little... jealousy..."

I couldn't believe she said that. No joke. She actually liked me.

"I... I don't know what to say..."

I face palmed myself innerly. How could I be this stupid?!

She looked down again, fighting back her tears.

I moved up her chin so she was looking me directly in the eyes. Before I knew what I was doing, I crashed my lips onto hers.

When our lips touched it was like fire works explode, just like the first time.

But this kiss was more, so much more. It was like it opened my eyes. I was finally able to see clear.

I realised I never loved Carly, it was always Sam. The blonde headed demon, that punished me for years. She was the one I loved all along.

Just cause she always caused me pain, I transferred my love to the first person next to her, Carly. It was insane to love someone who causes you daily both physical and emotional pain, right? I wasn't crazy so my brain made up a lie, a lie I even believed myself. Else I probably would've gone crazy for real...

As we pulled apart slowly, I opened my eyes. I looked at her from a whole new perspective. Her beautiful ocean blue eyes, I could stare in forever. Her gorgeous, blonde locks that fell to her shoulders smoothly. Her hair smelled like strawberries, so sweet, so unlike Sam.

She was just staring at me.

"I-"

"I don't understand. But... you were just dancing with Carly... really close." she said suddenly.

Wait. Was that the reason she looked so hurt?

"I was just... look, both our dates were awful and after they were gone I offered Carly at least one real dance for the night. But it... it made me realise I don't like her anymore. I mean sure I do... a lot... just like a sister. And then I kissed you and I realized another thing. I never liked... I never loved Carly." I started.

She didn't look at me so I lifted up her chin.

"It was always you, Sam."

Her eyes lit up.

"What'd you say?" she asked unsure.

That was cute tho. Her big blue shiny eyes looking at me with so much hope and excitement yet her voice was a little shy.

I decided to go all the way. The risk was worth it tho.

"I said, I... love you."

Oh chizz. She looked at me in complete shock.

But instead of saying anything she just pulled me closer and we kissed again.

I could feel her smile against my lips.