Chapter 22

"Why are you guys wasting time?! Just kill him already!"

Avarice exclaimed as she snatched the  stick from one of the werewolves. She stepped on his chest and took the stick against his neck, slightly pressing it.

"Die!" She said hitting him very hard with the stick. 'She has to be alive..I can't die and let her suffer..I have to live and protect her..'

Dylan thought and held the piping hot stick with his bare hands. He harshly pulled it, causing Avarice to fall next to him. He than stood up and knocked down the werewolves.

He killed most of them except Avarice. "tch.You can't kill me, I will do the killing here. " She laughed as Dylan spoke.

"Oh yeah? Wait till you meet Drake." She smirked. She took one of the sticks and stabbed herself in the stomach. "I'll leave you...t-to h-him.." Those were her last words before her eyes shut tightly.

Dylan huffed and went outside. He looked everywhere. Dead bodies of werewolves, angels and vampires were his first sights. Then, he saw Harry and Ryder staring at eachother.

Ryder's arm was bleeding. Harry had his leg cut along with his cheek. Dylan made his way over to them, limping.

"Are you guys the only survivers?" They nodded. 'I'm so thirsty for blood right now... I must hold myself..' Ryder pressed his lips in a thin line, feeling frustrated.

Dylan was also at the same situation as Ryder. After all, they were vampires.

"Ariel! Where is she?!" Harry questioned as he wiped his blood from his shirt. "They took her! We must find and save her. Drake has her as his hostage!Sooner or later..I think he would kill him.." Dylan panicked.

"Woah calm down. It wouldn't be too late. Let's first learn her location." Ryder said and they all agreed.

- Meanwhile ~

Drake simply finished reading his magazine and by the time, Ariel had already fallen asleep. "I see why he loves you..you are too fragile and pretty. If only she knew how to love me like him..but she loved him..and not me..she had to die"

Drake mumbled as he thought about Avarice. Drake and Avarice were childhood friends until he developed a romantic feeling towards her. However, after him confessing to her, she never accepted it.

He had to deal with harsh rejection and got to know that the one he loves or loved had grown to loving a vampire.

"BOSS!! No one returned from war!" A man announced. "As expected. No worries though. Our plan is working." He assured him as they made their way out.

Ariel started moving uncomfortably as she had a nightmare, until she woke up. She started hyperventilating because of how scary the nightmare was.

She saw the image of Dylan dying. She couldn't unsee it. She couldn't find herself telling that he would be fine. Ariel's heart wasn't at peace.

She pitied herself and the situation she was in.

- Back to Dylan -

"Found her!" Ryder yelled from downstairs. Dylan was currently treating his wounds in his room. Harry was downstairs with Ryder.

Dylan dashed downstairs at the mention of Ariel. He was desperate to feel her lively presence. He was desperate to hug her. He was desperate to feel her warmth. "Where?"
.
.
.

Drake stood there, infront of Dylan. A smirk replaced the frown on his face. "Where is she?" Dylan aimed his gun at him. He borrowed the gun from his father's drawer, but it had only one bullet. "Hmm..I wonder.. she's probably dead?" Drake raised an eyebrow mischievously.

Ryder and Harry were incharge of taking down the others whereas Dylan had to finish Drake.

"Tch. You're messing with the wrong one." Dylan said. He knew that she wasn't dead. "You will die by the hands of me but she won't be able to save you. You know why? Because this hand is cursed. Anything or anyone I kill, would be facing loss." The werewolf smirked.

Drake's figure changed. It changed into something frightening. A werewolf was his form.

Even Dylan was terrified. "Ew. I didn't know you were this horrible looking." He added, feeling a little nervous.

He aimed his gun at his forehead and shot him. But it was of no use. Drake scratched Dylan's skin causing blood to come.

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━
To be continued
━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━