1

"Who's this pipsqueak?" Mammon mutters, slouching forward in his council chair. His older brother beside him huffs, smacking the back of his head and motioning for Lord Diavolo to continue what he had been saying.

"Very well then. This boy-" He motions at the smaller boy who was staring at the floor, shuffling his feet. "Appeared in the castle earlier this morning. He claims that he's a reaper- from a place called Purgatory."

"Like Purgatory Hall?" MC questions.

"Where didya think they got the name from?" Mammon sighs. "And I thought that place was completely untraceable."

"Don't interrupt Lord Diavolo." Lucifer scolds. "And it was- no angel, demon, nor sorcerer could get into it. They couldn't even track down a reaper despite them being often present in the human realm. Do you remember how you got here?" The man asks the boy, who shakes his head quickly.

"I was working on a new spell to impress Morana with - I don't remember exactly what happened..." The boy shakes his curly black hair, his rounded glasses going slightly askew as he does so. "Kritanta is going to be so worried..." He fixes his glasses, the band in the middle snapping as he does so, making both halves hang off his face, held together by the delicate chain that jingled with charms.

"Well," Diavolo smiled, "If you managed to find a way to get here, you surely opened a way to get home as well."

"How did this child find a way to create a portal to a world demons and angels alike have been trying to get into for a millennia?" Satan ponders, glaring down at the boy. The young reaper freezes, looking between all the other brothers to see if they'd help him. None of them seemed to hold any other expression, aside from the two sitting on the end- one of which was eating and the other was passed out, drooling a bit on the wooden table.

"I-it was a complete accident! Morana was trying to teach me how to open a new portal to the human world an-and I was trying to show her that I can do it!" The boy exclaims indignantly, hands folded into fists in front of him and cheeks puffed out.

Mammon almost bursts out laughing, biting his lip as he turns to his younger brother, who taps away at his phone under the table. "He's like the chihuahua, isn't he?" Levi snorts, hiding it with a cough as they catch a glare from their oldest brother.

"Either way, it's only fair that we introduce ourselves, and perhaps you can explain your home so we know what to expect if we were to ever visit?" The boy nods nervously as they go around in birth order, with the prince and his butler being introduced last. They explain how there are two humans and two angels in the Devildom as well- despite not being present. The boy gulps as the prince motions for him to step up. He takes a few steps, trying desperately to remember the lessons he'd taken with his older sister about etiquette when dealing with nobles-

This is completely different! The boy thinks with a stab of panic, taking a breath and bowing, his sword slipping up on his back and hitting him on the back of the head. He winces, trying to ignore the snickers from the second oldest brother.

"I am Prince Arius of Purgatory. I am the younger brother of Queen Kritanta, as well as the student of her fr- advisor, Morana. I am a reaper in training, although I  might never get to do any field work-" He mutters that last part. The demons in the room, seemingly satisfied with his brief introduction, all stand.

"Well then," The oldest of the brothers announces, "would you care to take us to your makeshift portal?"

---------------

"Morana, any sign of him?" The queen asks, tall heels clicking across the tile of the large castle. The soles of her new shoes were already fairly worn by now, the advisor thinks, biting her cheek and going back to the books and scrolls that towered over the couch she was sitting on. The braids that pulled her thick brown hair into a long ponytail were thoroughly messed up, with strands of hair falling out of the now loose ponytail. The queen was in no better state, with her formal outer attire now cast to the side and blouse sleeves rolled up past tanned arms, her much higher ponytail was now long gone, with her long black hair now freely falling down her back.