11. Rescue

Annie's POV

"There are guards all around the perimeter gate, it'd be impossible to escape." I explained to Armin and Historia in the cell, of my recon of the security detail.

Armin touched his chin to think about what to do next. "I guess the only way is to hope for Levi to.." Armin was interrupted as a massive explosion.

"What was that!" Historia screamed as she jumped from the sudden sound.

I calmed Historia down and made my to the door. "Stay here, I'll check it out" I said before Armin told me to be careful and I nodded as I left.

As I went up the staircase I made my way to Connor in the office to learn about the situation. I barged into the office as I saw Connor talking with some of his men. He paused to look at me as if waiting for what I have to say.

"What's happening out there?!" I asked more curiously than concerned.

"A big explosion was heard near the gate, we're checking it out. We think that the military have found us" Connor stated as he signaled his men to go outside and he informed me to keep watch of our two valuable prisoners. I nodded and made my way back to the basement until I froze as I heard the sound of ODM gear close by. My eyes widened at the realization, are they here already? I ran towards the living room from where I heard the noise.

I heard people talking as I ran towards the room. I stood on the doorway as I saw a guard aiming his rifle at Mikasa. I pulled out my gun and shot him in the head. I saw Mikasa and Levi with their eyes shut as they think that they've just been shot. I looked back at the dead guard with his blood spreading rapidly on the clean wooden floor.

"Annie!" Hitch screamed out as she ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I pushed her off quickly, not being an asshole, but we are in enemy territory. Mikasa kept moving her hands on her body, searching if she was shot and then sighed in relief.

Levi calmed down and went up to me with a serious face "Where is he?" I turned my head towards where the basement door is and we headed out there not before Mikasa gave me a thanks.

My eyes widened in shock as I forgot an important detail when we were running towards the basement door. "Aah shit!! Uh... Captain, they have Historia as well" I said nervously as Mikasa and Hitch looked at me with their jaws dropped and Levi responded with an irritating 'Tch'.

We hurried down the basement stairs and I quickly opened the cell door as Armin and Historia jumped at my sudden rough entrance.

"Captain, Mikasa, Hitch... you guys actually found us!" Armin stood up and Mikasa went to Historia to assist her.

"Alright we can make a quick escape as we three have ODM gear so each one of us will be carrying one of you three" Levi called out his plan and we all nodded. We went back up as Levi and Mikasa went to check the rest of the mansion. Armin, Hitch and Historia stayed in the living room as the queen curled herself up in fear in the couch and Hitch sat beside her.

I leaned on the wall with my arms crossed as Armin came up to me by my side. He was looking down and seemed nervous because he was scratching the back of his neck.

"What is it?" I asked and he looked startled at my question. He pulled a little frown and looked at my eyes. He looked sad.

"I.. was thinking, that uhm.. when after all this is done... are you gonna go back to Liberio with your father?" He said with a shaky voice. His eyes looked so saddened it made my stomach ache looking at him like this.

"Maybe" I said with a straight face and he looked away from me from my response. As if he didn't want that answer. I felt guilty for making him feel like this.