the girl who played chess

~ Young Sherlocks POV~

"i dont see the point in this" i stated to my parents while walking up to the entrance as my father knocked on the door, "i do have to agree with him father, this charity doesnt seem so smart".

Mother looked at both me and Mycroft and said with innocence" these children lost their loved ones sweetheart's, they only have the orphanage now wouldn't you be sad if you two had no parents?""i'd be happy because i dont have to deal with brother ""sherlock!", my mother scolded lightly.

as we were welcomed in my mother and father were busy listening to the women who greeted us, i could tell that she was a rotten old hag who really didnt care about these kids. she obviously mistreated these kids like ragdolls, you could see they hated this place and were keen on making these young girls into great housewife's. As i look around more i saw a flash of (H/C) swift by, i then follow this mysterious figure down some stairs into some room. 

i could tell by looking at the figure now in the bright lit room that it was a young (S/C) girl with (H/L)(H/C) hair and in a little white dress. she sighed looking at an chess table with two chairs at each sighed, obviously she was expecting someone to be here, but that person was not there by the looks of the room she could've been playing this game for a few months with the janitor here who i have not seen yet.

She turned around swiftly and didnt seem surprised to see me behind her, she looked at me and then smiled"i thought someone was following me, i could tell by your footsteps, even though they were quiet for your size you just have to hault your breathing to hear it." she paused as she grinned at my surprised face, how could this person be this smart at 8 years old? i thought i was the only one with a strange mind. As silence took over she looked at me with an intrigued expression.

"who are you, little man?" 'did she just be 'little me?',"i am not a 'little man '""thats not a name now is it?" she responded sarcastically, i let out a frustrated breath thinking why the hell i even followed this girl down the here "if you must know, my name is sherlock," i responded to her question, her (E/C) seem to scan me while i begin to feel light headed just looking into them.

"Do you wanna play chess sherlock?", i take the moment to think, 'i am bored out of my mind and she is really interesting it could be a good idea'

"sure"

~timeskip~

'how is she doing this?!' i think to myself, she has won all the games we have played against each other. I kept noticing how she was always looking at the ceiling as if she was playing the game, and would instantly win when she looked at the board.

"are you playing the game on the ceiling?" i asked curiously, she stopped looking at the ceiling and looked at me and smirked,"maaaaybe~""how do you do that? "with one of the pill's the lady's give use here to have before we go to bed, i normally save it until nigh time and take it. thats when the real game begins". after a while i learnt that i had to go home realising i spent all my time here. 

I was about to rush up the stairs and go home until i stopped and looked back at the girl,"i never got your name?" she stares at me for a while and replies" (Y/N),""well your name, is it okay if we can do this again when i come back?" she seemed to smile and nod.

"the game is on"

~timeskip sherlock pov~

it had been months that i started to play the chess game with (Y/N) and she was lovely to be around, we basically talked about our problems and life itself. She would listen to me and i would listen to her, one day she told me that they restricted her pills she used to see the chess on the roof. After that she was more frustrated so i thought that she needed space, so i decided to annoy my brother.

As i was annoying him , we saw the ladys running towards the cafeteria room in a rush. i decided to follow along with my brother. as we reached there we heard a yell. 

"(Y/N) (L/N)!!!!"

i stared in shock as the girl i knew turned around on the stool she stood on with a jar filled with pills, it was obvious she already had a few and fainted breaking the jar and that was the last time i ever got to see her again......

(hope you liked this!, it took forever XD)