Dirk x Mechanic! Reader

Hello! Thank you for requesting lovely user @toxicqueen89 !

“HOLD ON!”

Jack yelled, as he jerked the wheel to the side. Big mama swerved around the corner of a building, and smashed right over a fire hydrant. “NICE DRIVING JACK!” June exclaimed sarcastically while holding onto the chair’s armrest as tight as she could. Jack gave her an angry glare but quickly brought his attention back to the road. “CAN WE… MAYBE GO FASTER?” Dirk yelled as Quint was basically bouncing around in the back seats of the vehicle. “IT’S GOING AS FAST AS IT CAN!” Jack yelled back rapidly, but his eyes widened moments after. The four teenagers yelled out in fear as Big Mama barely skittered under a fallen billboard. 

When the beast chasing them was gone, Jack parked in a safe spot. The four hopped out of the car to check the damage. A lot of the add-ons Quint had added to the roof of the truck were gone, some of the body was bumped up due to Jack’s horrible driving(ahem, WHY DOES HE RUN INTO SO MANY FIRE HYDRANTS?!), and one of the side-view mirrors was hanging by some wires. “Oh, c’mon! All my work!” Quint sadly said as he inspected his broken and missing machinery. The other three looked at him with sympathy, but June seemed to bounce up a bit. “Hey! I know a place where there’s parts to repair the broken bits of the car! And hopefully there’s some things to help with your add-ons Quint…” she smiled softly at him, and he nodded. “Then let’s go,” Jack said happily as he jumped back into the truck. “Just give me the directions.” June got into the passenger’s seat and nodded at him sweetly. 

After running into...many…. fire hydrants, they made it to the auto-shop. Jack pulled into the open garage, spinning the car, before the rear of the vehicle lightly tapped a button on the wall which shut the door to the entrance. The teens got out of the car and began to look for anything useful. Dirk was looking under a desk when suddenly a loud THUNK was echoed around the room and he collapsed. Quint, June, and Jack ran over to the source of the noise. There, they encountered a girl holding a car’s exhaust pipe in her hands, and standing behind the table Dirk was looking under. The strangers screamed at each other, while Dirk seemed to be waking up. He slowly lifted himself off of the ground, a hand moving to where the exhaust pipe made collided with his head. His ears were ringing, and he didn’t hear the screams. But, he did see his friends screaming at what was behind him. So, he nervously turned around, only to see a girl. At first he thought she was a zombie, so he quickly jumped away, which… made him bonk his head on top of the desk. His hand rapidly went back up to his head as he groaned in pain. While he was busy being a dumb idiot in pain (joking, joking. he’s not a dumb idiot. he’s a CUTE dumb idiot who likes plants. they’re just a lil bit different.), the others looked at each other in shock. A survivor! And she seems to be doing all right! Jack cleared his throat, before smiling lightly. “Hi! Sorry my buddy scared you. It’s so great to see another survivor!” The mystery girl slightly smiled and quietly replied, “yeah, I thought I was alone out here.” As the four introduced themselves, Dirk got up yet again, this time making sure to not smack his head on the desk. “So what are you doing here, of all places?” Quint asked someone who Dirk couldn’t see yet, as his three friends were huddled together, blocking his view. “Well, my dad owned this auto repair shop and it fe-” wait. That wasn’t a voice he recognized. It was more sweet than June’s, though it was definitely not a masculine voice. It sounded like how a sweetened iced tea would taste, refreshing, sweet- of course, a slight hint of lemon, crisp and delicious. It intrigued him. Dirk made his way over to his friends, looking over them and seeing what the source of the voice was. He was incredibly shocked when he saw you, a new survivor. And finally, a cute one. Your conversation was muffled in his mind, but he was snapped out of his daze when Jack flicked his ear. “OW! Hey- what was that for?” The much larger male asked the smaller one. “Well, you were in some kind of trance, or whatever. Plus, we want you to meet (Y/N)! She’s going to help us fix up Big Mama.” You gave Jack a questioning glance. “Big Mama?” You asked, internally laughing at the name. Quint chimed in and explained, “Yeah! That’s what our ride’s called. Sorry for not telling you that earlier.” You nodded and smiled, saying, “oh, no biggie. It’s fine.”