Boyfriend Gets Jealous [1]

You sat with your boyfriend at a cafe down the road from your home. You moved into his house two weeks ago, so he suggested you both go on a coffee break to get out of the house.

Your head perked up as you heard a man call your boyfriend's name. "I'll get it," You placed a hand on his as you stood up.

"I'm going to use the bathroom, don't drink my lattè." He dared before sending a smile, letting you know he was joking.

You nodded before you split your separate ways.

You smiled at the cashier, repeating your boyfriend's name to the guy.

"My co-worker spilled the other cup, it'll only be a moment." He handed out one cup, his hand brushing yours slightly. You noticed his nails painted a light peach.

"That, surely, can't be your name." The man said, trying to make conversation.

"Oh, it's my boyfriend's." You smile sweetly, looking towards the direction of the bathrooms. You smiled to yourself at the thought of him.

"Boyfriend? You two look more like siblings," He teased.

"I've never heard that before.. But, thank you?" You questioned, unsure of how to take it.

"Oh, sorry. I must have made it uncomfortable.." He smiled awkwardly, trying to lighten the tension.

"No, you're okay!" You reassured, waiting anxiously for the second cup.

There were a few more seconds of silence before the guy turned around to the back. "Josh, did you re-make the order yet or did you drop it again?"

"Oh my god, will you just drop it already?" A voice echoed back, sounding more feminine than she expected.

The cashier rolled his eyes at you, while a small smile was hinted on his lips.

"I'll just wait at my table," You smiled. The man nodded before turning around to continue mocking Josh.

You sat back down to see your boyfriend waiting patiently. You pushed the paper cup across the table towards him.

"Where's yours?" He asked, eyeing your empty hands.

"Some guy named Josh dropped it," You informed. "It'll only be a second."

"That cashier seemed to like you," He mumbled inaudibly as he drew circles on the lid of his lattè. The sounds of people talking drowned out his words.

"Hm?" You hummed, leaning closer. "I can't hear you."

"Nothing. Nevermind," He mumbled louder.

You noticed how he refused to drink his coffee, but you didn't want to pry.

In the silence, you thought about the small interaction between Josh and the cashier.

Again, your boyfriend's name was called.

"I'll get it," You chimed before standing up. He opened his mouth to say something, but shut it with a hmph.

"Hey," You smiled at the cashier. He retured the smile as he handed you your order.

"I have a question," You decided on saying. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for you to continue.

"Are you gay? And I mean that in the utmost respect, I--" He cut you off.

"Yes."

"Is it Josh?" You asked, looking at his engagement ring on his left hand.

The man blushed, but slowly nodded.

"Aw, congratulations!" You smiled.

He looked behind him awkwardly, to where you assumed Josh stood. "Thanks, he means the world to me."

"Well, have a great day; And good luck with the wedding!" You smiled before walking back to your seat.

"That was a long conversation," Your boyfriend pointed out.

"He's a nice guy," You took a sip of your drink.

"I bet. He hasn't stopped smiling since you walked away." He eyed the cashier.

"That's adorable," You mumbled into your cup.

"What?" Your boyfriend caught your eyes, causing you to notice the cold behind them.

"Babe.. Are you jealous?" You asked cautiously.

"No, I'm just- He was checking you out." He said, looking back at the cashier.

You giggled, putting your cup down. "I doubt that."

"No, seriously. When you walked away, he was pointing at you and whispering to another guy," He reasoned.

"Babe," You deadpanned.

"What were you guys even talking about? I mean, what interesting stuff could a guy like him have to say?"

"Babe," You said louder, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Was he complimenting you? I bet he was flirting.."

"Babe!"

"What?" He shot back.

"He's gay."

"Oh, come on. That's what he said? Guys said that all the time in middle school. By the time high school rolled around, most of the girls had already lost their virginity!"

"You want to know what we were talking about?" You tilted your head.

"Yes!"

"I was congratulating him on his engagement."

"Men cheat," He reasoned.

"To a man," You finished.

There were a few moments of silence before he spoke again. "He could have been lying.."

"Oh my god, babe. You're ridiculous. That man you saw him talking to? His fiancè."

"His what?"

You stayed silent, allowing him to relish in his own mistake.

You placed your hand on his, "Babe.. Jealousy is a valid emotion."

He blushed at your teasing, removing his hand from yours. "Why didn't you just say so?"

"Your rambling made it a little hard," You shrugged before taking a swig of your drink.

He took a sip from his before placing it back down in utter silence.

"You know," You began. "That was the first time you've taken a drink from your lattè."

"Oh, shove off!" He blushed.