"You don't know me, don't act like you do."

TW: death. Prepare yourself or don't read if death is triggering for you.

"You didn't think you'd make it this far, did you?"

He laughed and lit a flame on his hand, preparing to take y/n's life.

"Come on, you're better than this. I know you are. Just stop this and we can start over, don't you want that?"

He extinguished the flame and took a few steps towards her, "You don't know me, don't act like you do."

"But I do.. I know the real you, Touya."

Dabi's pov
~Ten years ago~
(12 years old)

"Come on! Come on! Hurry up!" I heard a voice yell from in front of me. She's always so.. Energetic. I wish I could have that much energy.

I quickly start sprinting to catch up with her. Damn these bandages hurt.. Whatever. Just shake it off. If I let something as small as this slow me down I'll never surpass All might. I have to make dad proud.

"Where are you taking me anyway? You never bring me up this way." I asked, I haven't really explored this far up the mountain, I train further down the path closer to the base of the mountain. Y/n usually drags me away from the mountain anyway, where the hell is she taking me?

"Come on and stop overthinking, it's just a little further up this way. We'll be there in a few minutes!" She exclaimed excitedly. "You're going to drive me crazy y/n!" I yelled back, we often banter back and forth like this, it's quite fun.

Y/n stopped running forward and ran back to me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me with her. Here we go. I followed her through the trees and we ended up at some playground. "Why is this here? And how did you even find this, it looks like it hasn't been used in years." I took my wrist back and looked around the playground, not that I would ever admit it to her, but it looks fun here. I guess I'll stay a while.

"I found it while I was exploring last week, I checked all of it and it's all safe to use, I thought maybe this could be like our hang out or something!" Y/n shouted excitedly. I love seeing her all happy and excited, again I'd never admit that to her. No way.

"Sooo? What do ya say??" she asked as she got onto one of the swings and started swinging. I tried to bite back the smile starting to creep up onto my face but failed. I let myself smile and take the swing next to her, swinging at the same pace as y/n.

"Sure, this can be our place."

Over the months me and y/n continued to meet up at the playground. We did this a few times a week until one day she just stopped coming. I never saw her after that last time she came to hang out with me here. I still go, everyday. I go in hope that she'll come back eventually.

1 year passed and she never came back. She really forgot about me.. Whatever. I don't need her anyway. All I need is myself and my training. So I'll continue my training, get better and stronger then my dad and even All Might! I will succeed!

°°°

A few more months pass and I'm not sure I can handle anymore. I have no one. I'm at my limit. I don't even have family to rely on. I can't take anymore of this. My quirk has permanently burned my chest and neck, only a matter of time before my face and arms are permanently burned too. Why did he have to do this?

This is all his fault. If he hadn't tried to create the perfect kid this wouldn't be happening. If he didn't throw me away like useless trash this wouldn't be happening. If he had a heart, this wouldn't be happening. I hate him. I hate him. I will never forgive him for all of the pain and suffering he's caused. But because of that, I have to prove myself to him. I have to prove him wrong. I have to prove that I'm not useless. I'll take him out here and show him how I've grown since the day he threw me away.