Part 14 (Cassie's POV)

We're a few minutes away from home and I look over at Colby and he's passed out with his head in his hand. I let him sleep and we get there and I talk to Nate. "Hey how was the trip." He asks. "Extremely eventful." I say. "Is he alright." He says pointing to Colby in the passengers seat. "Yeah just tired so I told him I'd drive." I say. "Alright. Sam's on roof duty at the moment." I drive into the garage and park the Jeep. I don't see Brennen anywhere. I reach over and tap him. "Colby...hey." He shoots up and looks around slightly panicking. "Hey it's alright it's just me." I say. He sighs and puts his head in his hands. "You alright?" I ask touching his back. "Yeah I'm alright. Just tired." He says. We get out of the car and I walk him to his room. I go to Sam and tell him what happened. "You can't go alone." Sam says. "Well I can't bring my brother so...I'll just go alone I don't want to put any of your people at risk." I say. "Cassie YOU are one of us. You belong here!" He says sternly. "I'm going to tell my brother I'm leaving." I say. "You aren't going alone I won't let you leave." He says. "I'll go with her." Colby says walking up the ladder. "Colby no-." Colby cuts him off. "I'm skilled and used to being in new areas and terrain. I'll go, it'll keep her safe. Give me piece of mind and get her to her brother and back here safely. This isn't a discussion. I'm going..." he says. "I can't ask that of you Colby. I'll just g-." He cuts me off. "I'm going, end of discussion. We'll leave tomorrow morning." He says. "Colby, we won't be in contact once you leave the cell tower area's." Sam says. "I'm well aware of that. You just have to trust me along the way until we get to one of the safe houses along the route. We had friends set up all of those bases remember. Some of them are along the way and their cell towers will reach here. I'll call in whenever I can. Channel 2 brother...our private channel." Sam nods and starts to tear up. "Don't do this now...tomorrow." Colby says. Sam nods and goes back to his post. Colby and I hug and I start to cry. "Thank you...so much Colby." I say. "Of course." He says lifting up my chin. I look at him for a sec and he looks back. We start to lean in and a gun goes off. Probably a stray walker. We snap out of the trance we put each other in and pull away. "I'm gonna uh...go check on Levi." I say. "Okay I'll be in my room." He says. It's around 8 PM and I go down to check on Levi. He's wide awake and talking with Carrington. "Hey how you feeling?" I ask. "A lot better. so what's up what'd u do today?" He asks. "Well Colby and I went to the observatory to see about a call for a possible rescue and it was Jesse. He's in New Jersey. I leave tomorrow. We'll be gone for about 8 months." "Each way!" He says sitting up. "No...no of course not in total. 9 if something goes wrong but we don't plan on it obviously." He smacks the bed "Fuck I wish I could come with you. You shouldn't go alone Cass..." he says. "She won't be...I'm going." Colby says popping in. "Keep her safe okay..." he says. "I promise you. I'll bring back your brother and sister back safely." He says. Colby and I walk upstairs and we look at each from the doorways of our room and then go our separate ways for the night. I lay down in bed and fall asleep pretty quickly.