Just another day?

Before you start to read this I just want to add a few notes about this story so it would make sense

-Events that happened in Pinky, elmyra and the brain did exist in this fanfiction though you don't need to watch the episode to understand what's going on

-COVID is a thing in this story (this was made in early 2021)

-this is a brinky fanfic though the most that would happen is a kiss

-this is also my first fanfiction

Okay now enjoy the story or don't idk

The day starts off as Pinky was watching tv while Brain is trying to find a new plan to take over the world. Brain was busy pondering a new plan that he didn't realize that Pinky was asking him something.

"Brain, Brain, Brain!" pinky kept repeating. 

"What"Brain finally replied annoyed how pinky kept repeating his name.

 "Can I have that, please" Pinky exclaimed while pointing to the tv.

At first Brain was about to reply with a 'no' not paying attention to what it was pinky wanted. Then he looked at the tv on the TV it displayed a toy that was supposed to keep kids from being bored. It seemed to be mainly targeted a younger audience maybe even toddlers but the projector had bright colors and was shiny and had shapes it was basically a new puzzle every time but the reason it was so entertaining was because it was a projection of any picture you wanted just by thought or so the advertisement says. That's when he had an idea to take over the world. "Of course!" Brain exclaimed out loud thinking about his plan and forgetting what Pinky had asked him.

"Really! Oh thank you, narf!"Pinky said with joy thinking Brain was replying to his question.

Brain realizing that Pinky had misunderstood. "no pinky! you can't get the toy, I was thinking out loud" Brain said almost yelling. Brain felt bad as he saw Pinky's cheerfulness had faded quickly though brain didn't let it show. 

"Oh, poit, I'm sorry Brain" Pinky said looking as if he was trying not to cry. Pinky thought that brain was mad at him which is why Pinky felt like crying. Pinky wouldn't usually mind if Brain was mad at him though usually he would reply with an insult he didn't understand or would bop him on the head, but he doesn't like it when Brain would yell at him though. 

Brain was still trying not to let his guilt show, but once Pinky started to tear up he couldn't hide the guilt he was feeling. He had a soft spot for Pinky so when he saw Pinky looked as if he was about to cry he couldn't help but feel sorry.  "I'm- I'm sorry Pinky, I didn't mean to snap at you"

"It's okay Brain I know I can be a bother"Pinky replied while still trying to stop himself from crying.

'Is that really what Pinky thinks?' He felt worse now that he had made pinky think he was a bother. Sure, pinky is simpleminded but isn't a bother. Though he never showed it he actually quite enjoyed pinky's company. He cared for pinky, if he were to conquer the earth with out him he would have gained nothing and he knows he had already told Pinky that. "Pinky your not a bother" not sure what to say to comfort him so he said "you can get the toy" 

Pinky took a minute to process what Brain had said. "Egad, Oh thank you Brain, narf!" he said as his ears perked and got up to hug Brain.

Brain was surprised by Pinky's action. Sure Pinky has given him a hug in the past though there was only a few times he had. It had still felt strange, though it still felt nice. Sure his companion is simple minded but he makes up for that by his heart of gold.

Pinky continued to hug Brain for another minute or so until he noticed Brain appeared red. "Sorry Brain" Pinky said apologetically while putting brain down.

"What for for?" Brain asked seeming flustered.

"I thought I was squeezing You because you looked all red and funny, troz" 

"Oh, I see" brain was trying to think of a way to change the subject as perfect timing the advertisement of the toy that Pinky had asked for reappeared on the TV "let's get you that toy, shall we?" Brain said smiling 

"Ummm are you okay, Brain? Pinky hesitated referring to how brain was acting odd and was still red.

"Yes, Pinky I'm fine" Brain replied still feeling the warmth after Pinky's hug.

"Okay then, yea" Pinky still felt a little odd it didn't seem like Brain was acting himself. Maybe he did squeeze him a little too tight after all.  "wait"

"What is it?"

"What were you thinking?"

"What?"

"When you said you were thinking out loud all I heard was 'of course' what were you thinking when you said that? Zort." Pinky noticed he didn't say his common line 'Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?' So was he or was he not thinking of taking over the world?

"Oh I had a plan for our quest to world domination" that's right he forgot his line he repeats once he has a plan for global conquest "oh that's right, pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Strange how he'd forgotten a line that is almost mandatory to ask.

"I think so brain but how come your not acting like yourself, are you sick?" Still bothered on how brain seems to be unable to seem like the grumpy smarty pants he usually is.

"No Pinky, most of the population is bored due to being stuck at home during the global pandemic  so most people want to have a reason to be out of the house, but what if people don't have to? Instead you can do and be who and were they want to be all they need is a computer or a virtual reality headset."

"Egad! Brain brilliant"Pinky said with his common line "oh wait no no" noticing a problem with the plan. "Doesn't that already exist?"

"Hmm your right Pinky, but what if instead of it being like a game it feels more like a dream most of what happens would be unexpected except it comes from your imagination so it could feel like a realistic fantasy, and once people start to use it more often I will add to there conciseness to make me their leader." 

About 3 hours pass 

Brain just finished working on coding the game while pinky is running on his wheel.

"It's finally completed!"

"The game you were making?"

"Yes pinky, what else would I be doing?" he replied sarcastically 

"I don't know, maybe getting me another gift" pinky said sounding a little flirtatious 

"Don't get cute with me" Brain  said sternly uncertain how else to react to that comment. "Now try this on" he said while handing Pinky the vr headset with the game he took 3 hours to program. he already put the screen on the tv as well so he could see what happens  too.

"Kay" Pinky then put on the headset, at first it was just black but then after some time he was in a room that looked exactly like his cage and the lab and... Brain?

Okay sorry to leave this chapter here but I'm not sure if I should continue this or not it's a little cringey. I mean regardless  I'll continue the story I'm just saying I want someone's opinion what do you think happens to pinky in his 'dream'? (I'll probably make the next chapter in like a day or 2 so I mean I expect no one to read it or comment but let me know what you think if you do) also thanks for reading!