Amamatsu... Because I Love Them.

There's also a bonus written piece to go with it!

“Mind if I join you?” said a voice from above, making Rantaro open his eyes. Kaede stood over him, her smiling face all over his gaze. He shook his head and moved aside, making space for her to lay down on. The fabric of the picnic blanket they rested on crumpled slightly from the new presence. “So what were you doing?” Kaede asked out of the blue, feeling embarrassed a moment later because it was practically obvious that he was sunbathing. Rantaro glanced over at her and half-shrugged. “Nothing much, just thinking.”

She thought about it for a moment before replying. “May I ask what you were thinking about?” she replied. Silence. “About my sisters. I’m worried about them. Even though we’ve escaped the killing game, I still haven’t made a plan to get them back. So it’s like, where do I go now? What do I do when I go wherever? When exactly do I go? I mean, I know I may appear as a chill and unbothered person, but it’s sometimes a bit annoying to keep pretending I’m not worried about things.” he explained, staring as a leaf fell off a branch of the tree they were under.

Kaede didn’t know how to say it, but she tried to anyway. “If you’d like, I’d like to accompany you on your trips. Two heads are better than one, right?” she said. Rantaro smiled at this. “That would be great, but what about your performances? Won’t you fail to attend them?” he asked her with a small discomfort in his voice. She crossed her arms. “That’s a good point. But I’ll definitely figure out something, so that I can perform and go with you on your trips!” told an encouraging Kaede. Rantaro couldn’t help but feel touched.

His stomach filled with butterflies when she said that. He turned over to his side and spoke. “Alright, if that’s the case, will you come with me in search of my sisters?” Kaede gave him a delighted look and smiled. “Only if you take me to see to see French pianists.” she teased. “If that’s all, then you’ve got yourself a deal.” Rantaro approved. Kaede didn’t expect his reply, and giggled in surprise. “Okay then, awesome!” she said. After that conversation, they fell silent again, and Rantaro had went back to staring at the sky.

He felt an arm wrap around his chest and found Kaede relaxed against his shoulder. He took her hand in his and intertwined their fingers. The butterflies came back tenfold, and he could feel his heart do a somersault in his ribs. Although he felt comfortable like this, lying on the ground with Kaede by his side, he only felt a little emptier than before. Because somewhere, deep down, he knew he was going to burden her rather than making things better for them both. And because of that, he regretted it. How he wished she wasn’t so selfless.