Amamatsu Week Day 1: Post-game

Them

Them...

Mmm, I love me some self-indulgent amamatsu art- After 4 file crashes, 3 days of panic, and terror, it was done. I feel like this looks like a downgrade from my last piece- The anatomy is off, the shading is all over the place, etc.

Time taken: 17+ hours, minus the file arrangement.

Layer count: 85

App used: Ibis Paint X

So basically the scenario is that Kaede, Rantaro, and Kokichi have ended the killing game, (in the place of Maki, Shuichi and Himiko.) and it's been 1 whole year since they ended the game. Kaede and Rantaro are apparently dating, and Kokichi had presumably started a new life. Sounds very... bittersweet, right? A so-so ending.

But here's the twist, Kaede was actually the only survivor left.

Rantaro had sacrificed himself to end the kg and Kokichi had been kidnapped by an unknown organization (most likely Team Danganronpa) and his locations and status are, at that moment, unsaid. I could've always said he was dead since I hate him to a degree but I'll just say we don't know what happened to him to keep the suspense.

"But Quin, weren't Kaede and Rantaro a thing? What's up with that?"

Hallucinations. Simple.

All of it was Kaede's hallucinations. She wasn't ready to accept that he was gone, and made up this whole other person in place of him. So yes, she was basically talking to Rantaro, who seemed fully real to her but nonexistent to everyone else. After Kaede remembered what happened the day she, Kokichi, and Rantaro had ended the killing game, she knew what she had to do. What she should've done 1 year ago.

She talked to him about the memories they had made during the past year, and how she would miss him so much. After a small peck on the lips and a small goodbye, she let finally him go. A tragic story, truly. I should go deeper into this sometime.

I was initially going to make this a fanfiction, but unfortunately, school has delayed it.