Never

TW: substance ab*se, physical ab*se

"Mom! Stop, please!! I'm sorry!!"
She wouldn't stop kicking me.
"If you're so sorry then where's my money, you bitch?? We need groceries and you probably spent it all at the mall!"
Lies. She spent it on drugs.
"Mom! Please, I didn't!"
"I don't believe you, whore! Get out of my house and never come back!"
She stopped kicking me for a brief moment, just long enough for me to grab my flip phone and backpack off the couch and run out the door. As I got to the sidewalk, I heard the door slam shut and lock behind me. I started walking because where else would I go? I have no family, no friends, and no money.

Time skip ~ 4 days later

I've been living on the streets for almost 4 days now. I sold my flip phone for a meal on the first day, but that money ran out very quickly. I've made a shelter in an alleyway I found downtown and it has served me fairly well. It's raining today and I'm only partially drenched.
*Thunder*
I scream, louder than I should've. I hope no one heard that.
I sit for a few minutes, then I feel my body start to shut down. My vision gets blurry and my head starts to hurt.
I get up from my shelter and stumble out to the sidewalk, where I have an old coffee cup collecting rain water to drink. I pick up the cup with two hands and try to bring it to my lips. Before I can take a sip, everything goes black and I hear, "Woah! Guys, come help!" and then everything stops.