Marry Me?

Not edited. A very quick one shot  (there is no more) that I hope you enjoy as much as I do xxxxx

It had to be perfect. Nothing else would suffice. His blue eyed angel deserved the best.

Each detail had been checked time and time again. Every last flaw was eliminated with cut throat precision.

He wanted to hear 'Yes.'

He'd bought the ring that he knew would be perfect for his blue eyed wonder. A simple band of gold set with diamond accents that ran around the middle of the ring.

The evening was planned. The stage was set. He'd asked his angel's father for permission. He'd spoken to best friends and used their knowledge to add to the proceedings... to create the perfect evening to start their lives together.

It wouldn't be expected. An unspoken lifelong commitment to forever was held in the hearts of them both. It was something he cherished. They both did.

The limo was organised to pick up his angel at 7pm and arrive at 7:30pm... after all of the guests had arrived.

Keeping this all a secret hadn't been easy. His angel had the curiosity of a cat thirsting for knowledge and it was painful to see the hurt in those blue eyes when he'd kept quiet about what he was doing. So many times he nearly caved and told of everything the whole story but somehow he pushed that pain aside to make this more special than it already was.

Tonight they would declare their love for one another in front of all their family and friends. A love that deepened with every sunrise and sunset.

Now he stood and although he knew in his heart that tonight would be perfect he had just an inkling of doubt.

What if his angel said no? He grinned. it wouldn't happen. Self doubt wouldn't change the love they had for one another.

The limo had arrived. The stage was set. People lined the path as it curved around the garden and to where he was standing. The buzz that had been echoing into the night slowly died down as the driver opened up the door though the excitement still thrilled through the air.

Blue eyes opened wide and looked around in wonder.

"What on earth..."

The music started.

Blue eyes landed on a little girl dressed as a princess who came running forward and handed over a white rose before giggling and running back the way she came.

Walking forward the gripping ache of a heart boomed loudly in a chest.

For each step there was someone handing over some type of flower until with arms bursting blue eyes met with brown eyes filled with love and adoration.

A little princess took him by the hand and moved him towards his angel. Tears filled blue eyes and he reached out and gently wiped them away.

"Marry me?"

Tears fell freely from guests who stood in a circle around them as his angel nodded, unable to speak... a very rare occurrence!

He lent down and gently touched lips with his own.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Wrapping his arms around his angel he let the tears fall. Finally this night was happening. All the planning had come to rest.

He pulled back and lifted his angels chin. "Now?"

"Now?!" his angel squeaked.

He nodded and his heart grew wide as his angel smiled.

"Yes."

A little four year old princess called Moira who stole the hearts of all who knew her stomped her foot and stood with her hands on her hips.

"Get married already! I want cake."

Laughter echoed through the night as he took his angels arm and walked towards the celebrant who stood waiting for them with best friends off to the side to act as witnesses.

The celebrant started to speak after swallowing the lump in her throat and all who were present fell silent. Many stood with arms wrapped around their own lovers and love filled the hearts of them all.

"Well, that was one of the most romantic wedding proposals I've seen. Well done. Ladies and Gentlemen... thank you for being here for Jace and Keiran...."