Ice Skating

Zander's POV

"I'm still not sure this is a good idea," Zander said. "What if I slip?"

    Luke grinned at Zander, making his heart skip a beat. "You won't," Luke promised. "I'll be right here."

    Zander was skeptical, but he followed Luke out onto the skating rink anyway. At least we are together, he thought.

    It was difficult for Zander at first. He kept slipping and falling, in which Luke would laugh and help him up. After the fifth time this happened, Zander said, "Luke?"

    "Yes?" Luke looked down at Zander.

    "Remember how you promised I wouldn't slip?" Zander asked wryly.

    Luke laughed again. It was so breathtaking that Zander temporarily forgot why he was mad at him.

    "Come on, Zander. You can do it, I know you can. It just might take a while, that's all." Luke encouraged.

    Zander sighed. "Fine."

    He tried to slide his feet forward one at a time, like Luke had said, but he pushed his right foot forward too hard. He felt himself falling and he closed his eyes, resigned to falling on his back once more.

    He felt something on his back, but it wasn't the ground.

    He opened his eyes and found himself looking up into Luke's gorgeous lemon yellow eyes.

Before:

Zander could feel himself turning bright red. He stood up again and avoided Luke's gaze, muttering a quiet, "Thanks."

    "Y-yeah, of course," Luke replied.

    They stood there in awkward silence for a few moments, each thinking their own thoughts.

    "I think we'd better stop there," Luke said.

    "We probably should, before I slip again." Zander agreed.

    Luke grinned and took both of their skates back to the rental truck. Zander sighed.

    I keep falling, and not just on the ice.

After:

    Zander could feel his cheeks heating up as he stared up into Luke's eyes. They were so breathtaking, and held so much emotion in them, that Zander got lost in their beautiful yellow depths. He couldn't look away, and he didn't want to. All he wanted was to stay like this with Luke forever, laughing and cuddling and staring into each other's yes.

    The moment was broken when Zander's feet slipped out from under him again. He hadn't noticed it while he was staring at Luke.

    "Argh," he grumbled as Luke laughed. "I'm tired of the ice. Can we go?"

    "Of course," Luke responded.

    They returned their skates and went to Luke's house, where Zander's parents and Hailey wouldn't be able to interrupt them.

    They sipped hot cocoa and cuddled together, watching a movie.

    Zander rested his head on Luke's shoulder, feeling perfectly content.

    "Luke, can you do me a favour?" He asked his boyfriend.

    "Of course." Luke answered, smiling.

    Zander pulled away enough to give him a look. "No more ice skating."