beginning.

"come on mali, you're going to be late!"
"coming dad"
it's my first year of college, i'm a bit nervous.
i've never been the kind of person to branch out and talk to people, so i know this whole college thing is going to be hard, but i know i can get through it.
"i'm going to miss you babygirl"
"i'm going to miss you too dad"
my dad is my bestfriend, ever since my mom died, he's all i've really had. i know he's still hurting from my mom passing away, but he's staying strong for me.
i'm a little worried leaving him on his own while i'm thousands of miles away, but he'll be alright.
i'm going to my dream college today.
the beginning of something new.
something beautiful.
i've had all my things transferred over to arizona, where i'll be going to college, so i could fly there instead of take a drive.
i've decided to buy a car while i'm down there and pass mine down to my little brother, who i'll just miss sooo dearly. not really tho.
my dad and brother drive me to the airport and help me carry my things to the door.
"call me before you board, and when you get off the plane, and when you get in the uber and wh-"
"dad! i know, i will, okay?"
"i'm sorry kiddo, okay, i know you will"
"bye dad, i love you oh so very much"
"bye mali, ill miss you, not."
"whatever seb"
"mom would be so proud of you honey"
"dad, please don't make me cry before i get on this plane"
"haha sorry mali, okay, now go, go and live your life"
i wave goodbye as i head up the escalator to the area where i need to be.
there's a tiny coffee shop inside the airport, so i decide to get me some before the plane arrives.
the plane was delayed and hour, then two, then three, then after four hours, it's finally my turn.
"ticket ma'am"
"here you go"
"right that way"
i got a row to myself so that was pretty nice.
just as we're about to take off, a boy runs on, almost missing the flight, and sits in the row next to me.
i giggled because he was out of breath and was hyperventilating sort of.
"water?" i ask
"ah yes, thank you"
"of course" i say as i hand him my bottle of water