𝟏𝟑. (𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡-𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞/𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)

"𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋
𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔."

__________

(this chapter is a flash-forward post Imani's passing...enjoy.)

'JAPAN - '87 - HOTEL CHRONICLES

'JAPAN - '87 - HOTEL CHRONICLES.'

After entering the black tape inside the cassette player, Michael pressed play and walked to his armchair, sitting in front of the television. It was past three in the morning, and the grieving man couldn't find sleep-he never could, and after interminable hours of rolling in his bed, removing his covers because he was too hot, and putting them back on when he got too cold, he gave up and exited his room. Roaming in the dark hallways of his house, he could sense death in the air, the spirit of an unbalanced woman with unfinished business still flying through the walls.

When he got to his living room, he searched for the box which contained all of his cassette tapes, between the childhood home videos, the studio recordings and the live performances, Michael ended up lost in this library of memories. That was until he found tapes that contained footage of the BAD world tour in Japan. . .

Waiting for the video to start, Michael's leg began nervously bouncing up and down as he bit his lower lip. Suddenly, the dark room got illuminated by the invading light coming out of the television. Michael quickly shut his eyes, trying to readjust his sight.

When he opened them back, he saw the love of his life, the most beautiful woman he ever came across to. She was standing in front of a large mirror hanging against the wall of their hotel room, holding a hairbrush as a mic, with her messy straight hair covering half of her face.

Looking at her own reflection, she loudly sang Aretha Franklin's 'Respect', with her head and fingers rolling sassily. Small chuckles could be heard behind the camera.

"Look at this...this is what I have to live with. Every. Single. Day." Michael muttered, zooming even further on Imani, who'd just hit a high note. His calmness to the show that was put on by his lover was a reflection of how much he was used to it.