baby on the door step

One night Damon Salvatore came home from drinking when he noticed a small basket with a little girl sleeping soundly inside with a note attached to her blanket it read

To whomever it may concern,

I do not want this child nor am I able to take care of her . Do with her what you'd like she does not have a name so you can pick one out or don't I really couldn't care.

Damon got angry for a moment and thought how could someone be so cruel as to leave a tiny baby out alone , his thoughts were cut short when the baby started to cry "shhh it's ok Amelia " he said in a calm tone the baby or Amelia as he had named her stopped crying and snuggled closer to the  vampire. Who knew that the big bad vampire was so good with children. Just as he calmed Amelia down Stefan came out to see what all the noise was about . Damon shot him a 'if you wake her up I will kill you ' look and Stefan kept quiet. Once Damon had put the baby in the living room to sleep his brother stared immediately asking questions "Damon who's child is that . Oh my god please don't tell me you killed it's mother" he started rambling but Damon shut him up "Firstly it's not an it it's a she and her name is Amelia secondly no stefan I did not kill her mother but if I ever do find her I will kill her". " Ok so where did 'amelia come from " "You see Stefan when a mommy and a dadd-" " No that's not what I mean I know where babies come from I want to know why is she here" "I came home and found her in a basket with a note " Damon then showed Stefan the note and Stefan got mad "how could she just leave a child out in the open like that" he asked his brother. Damon replyed with a shrug .

" The more important thing brother , is what are we going to do with her " Damon and Stefan both looked at the sleeping child and feel in love with her they knew they couldn't give her away so they were going to rise her
"Do you really think we can rise a child Damon ?" Stefan asked his brother Damon simply said "we have no choice plus how hard can it be " just as he said that Amelia began crying . Stefan shot his brother a dirty look "you just had to say 'how hard can it be' didn't you " "will you shut up and take her so I can get some baby supplies" before Stefan could process what was happening Damon gave him the child and left to get baby formula ,diapers blankets etc.

"Well I guess it just you and me huh Princess Amelia " he said smiling down at the baby in his arm
Amelia simply stated crying again because she was hungry . As Stefan cradled the child in his arms she stopped . He was confused for a moment until he smelled something horrible he looked down at the child and knew that it was time to change her diaper *Amelia Marie Salvatore could you not have wait till Damon came back" just as he said that Damon waltzed in "oh my god what died in here " Amelia started laughing at the reactions of the brothers "there is no way in hell I'm changing that it smells like a some dead ate something even deader " Damon stated but before he could run off Stefan gentle put the baby down on the sofa and run out the door leaving Damon to change the child

After the whole diaper indecent damon put amilea in fresh clothes and put her in the cot her sent Stefan to buy and by buy he means compel to shop owner  into thinking he payed when he didn't. As the baby lay soundly sleeping Damon existed the child's room with an accomplished smirk on his face . He only knew the child for a few hours but he knew he loved her and would protect her with his life.

" Before I came in I heard you say Amilea Marie Salvatore " Damon stated while Stefan was on the couch read a book "yeah well you have her first name so it was only fair that I give her second one " Stefan replied plainly "and what makes you think that we are going to call the child 'Marie' " Damon asked quietly as not to make to much noise to wake the sleeping child up stairs " well what did you want to name her then"Stefan asked not looking up from his book "I was thinking something exotic  like Dianna" "Dianna like the Princess" "exactly like the Princess" Damon replied while pouring himself a glass of bourbon "Amilea Dianna Salvatore I like it, it's got a nice ring to it" Stefan said "yeah well it's a name perfect for a princess and she is one and will be treated as such" Damon replied Stefan just shook his head a laughed.

Stefan too had fallen in love with the child and knew there was something special about her but he didn't know what