(5) The Lady in Pink

A/N: I meant to share this 👆subtitles edit of John & Cora that I requested to have done for a giveaway a couple of weeks ago by the talented EnchantedWerecoyote on Tumblr

A/N: I meant to share this 👆subtitles edit of John & Cora that I requested to have done for a giveaway a couple of weeks ago by the talented EnchantedWerecoyote on Tumblr. So anyway, on with the story.

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

"Did I get anything wrong?" Sherlock inquired to John once all three of them had gotten out of the cab at Lauriston Gardens and began strolling towards the police tape strung across the street.

"Harry and I don't get on, never have. Clara and Harry split up three months ago, and they're getting a divorce, and Harry is a drinker," John replied as Cora smirked knowingly to herself.

"Spot on, then. I didn't expect to be right about everything," Sherlock returned, looking rather pleased with himself.

"And Harry's short for Harriet," the twins instantly stopped in their tracks, the smugness disappearing from their faces. There always had to be something they missed out on.

"Harry's your sister," Cora nodded, glancing in John's direction.

"Look, what exactly am I supposed to be doing here?" John asked, now changing the subject matter as he went on walking.

"Sister!" Sherlock declared furiously through gritted teeth as he and his sister followed after John.

"No, seriously, what am I doing here?"

"There's always something," Cora implied with some exasperation to her brother, who let out a small irritated huff and nodded as they finally reached the police tape. In contrast, much to their displeasure, Sergeant Donovan was waiting.

"Hello, freaks!" she greets them mockingly.

"We're here to see Detective Inspector Lestrade," Sherlock informed her.

"Why?"

"We were invited," Cora folded her arms before her and glared daggers at Donovan.

"Why?"

"I think he wants us to take a look," the female Holmes returned much slower and more sarcastically.

"Well, you know what I think, don't you?"

"Always, Sally," Sherlock places a gentle hand on his sister's arm to try and calm her. Cora knows her brother is much better at dealing with Donovan than her. Sherlock takes a deep breath through his nose before telling Donovan just as he lifts the police tape, allowing his sister to go before him, "I even know you didn't make it home last night."