Chapter 6

They both headed downstairs and saw y/n's Mom in the kitchen. "Good afternoon Mrs.Chi", Noya greeted her. Excitedly y/n's mom said "Hi Noya, it's nice to see you". Sending eye winks to y/n, she already knew why her mom was so excited. "It's nice to see you too Mrs.Chi", Noya said. Mrs.Chi noticed Noya picking up his things. "I don't think you'll be able to go out in this weather, it's raining cats and dogs", Mrs.Chi said.

Noya's head: *y/n's tutor voice* "It's raining cats and dogs is a metaphor for when it's raining really hard".
——
Looking out the window, y/n said "She's right, it's pouring". "You can stay the night Noya, we have an extra room", Mrs.Chi insisted. "I couldn't impose on your family like that", Noya said. Y/n grabbed Noya's hand and looked him desperately in the eyes. "Noya if you go out there, you'll get sick. We have an extra room and extra clothes. You're my friend, I can't let you go out in these conditions! Noya just stay..".

Noya's POV: Just a "friend"... Maybe that's all she'll ever see me as, but still I don't want her to worry.
——
Noya patted her head. Smiling softly, he said "It's okay, I'll stay. I just have to tell my Granpa first".
Y/n hugged him, realizing that her mom was still watching them, she quickly pulled away. Trying to take the attention off of her, she said "Let's watch a movie Noya!". He agreed, and they both went to the tv area. Y/n handed Noya the remote, "You pick the movie, and I'll make the popcorn". "Deal", Noya said smiling.

Y/n finished making the popcorn and sat the big bowl of popcorn on the couch in between them. "I called my Granpa, he said it's fine", Noya said. Smiling, y/n said "That's great, what movie did you end up picking?". "It's an action movie I watched with Tanaka, I think you'll like it", Noya said eagerly. "I'm sure I will", y/n laughed.

They sat in the living room all alone, eating popcorn and watching the movie. They both went in to get popcorn at the same time and their hands accidentally brushed against each other. "Sorry, it's my fault", y/n said blushing. Noya's face flushed, "You're fine". Both of them scared to put their hands back in the popcorn, laid their hands to their sides.

Y/n's POV: I want to be near him..
Noya's POV: I want to be closer to her..
——
Completely unaware of each other's longing to be close, they both slowly slid their hands closer. Finally reaching each other, he intertwined his fingers with hers. Both of them now more flustered than they were before.

Noya's POV: I don't wanna let go...
Y/n's POV: I wish this could last forever...
——
Finally making eye contact, they realized how nervous the other was. Smiling at her softly, Noya said "Y/n, I-". Mrs.Chi walked in, and y/n quickly pulled her hand away from his grasp. "Mom, I almost forgot you were here", y/n said startled. "Don't worry about me, I'll be leaving", Mrs.Chi said winking at y/n.

Noya's POV: She pulled away.. Maybe I got too far ahead of myself.