After The Drama.

The telephone call to the police station after Allie had made her accusations was undoubtedly one of the most difficult tasks the poor private given the job would ever have to do during his career in the Army. Nesbitt and Hanson Grange were taken away, with little fuss, and dealt with swiftly in the courtroom. Nesbitt lived, athough didn't escape a prison sentence, and even though Allie listened in to the action in the courtroom carefully, Old Man Stephenson's name never came up. Obviously this consulting criminal had friends in very high places, or was just very good at blackmail.

Hettie and Percy Broker remained fast friends with Allie, Newham and Dr. Scott, and went back to live in their new home in the country. Now Allie gets a weekly letter from them, as well as the one from Arthman every two weeks. She insists she now spends her entire life writing letters.

The Indian treasure stayed hidden, and still is hidden to this day. Hopefully it will stay hidden for a little while longer, maybe until a time when gold isn't as precious as it is now.

Newham reluctantly told Isabel everything that had happened over the weekend, and was promptly scolded rather violently for allowing Allie to 'take on a whole case! A whole wretched case, lieutenant! All to herself, with no police involvement? How could you!' Isabel still was a bit tetchy when it came to Allie's crime solving abilities, it appeared.

Isabel was even more upset when Allie herself told her about Old Man Stephenson. She very nearly swore to never let her little sister out of the house again. Luckily Allie talked her out of that one.

Hettie did eventually finish Mystery Man, and the letter Allie recieved concerning the book proved once and for all that, even though real life cases are exciting, the ones in books are, and always will be, so much better.

Thank you for reading! Allie's next case is called The Incident Concerning The Alsatian Dog, where Allie is re-united with old friends as she takes a plunge into the theatrical world, to solve a murder of which the dog appears to be the key.