Chapter 2

Staring at the man's outstretched hand, Cora shook her head. "I'm good" she said, standing up and brushing off her clothes. "I was examining that millipede, thank you very much. To a bystander that may have looked like i fell, but i assure you, I. Did. Not. Fall." Cora said, seemingly annoyed, storming off and leaving the man confused.

     Cora slowed her pace down to a normal walk when she felt she was a good distance from the man. As she walked, she thought about what she had said and how she acted and realized how rude she was. I don't know what came over me Cora thought to herself, and, after an internal argument, she decided to turn back to apologize to the man. 

     As soon as she turned around, she came face-to-face with the man. "Nope. Not doing that." She said, creeped out. Turning around again, she sped up her pace and kept that pace until she was inside the only coffee shop she visits, Mochata, and stared out the big windows in front of the store until she felt safe. 

     On the way home, Cora kept an eye on her surroundings, making sure to not lead that man to her house in case he was a threat. Despite keeping an eye on the things around her, she still ran into a young, tall, and handsome man who seemed to be daydreaming until she jerked him back into reality. "Ow!" they both said in unison, jumping back. They both stared at each other, startled, shaking their heads like disappointed mothers and then went on their way once more. 

     Cora arrived home safely and breathed a sigh of relief as she shut and locked her door. She took a seat in front of her computer once more and began writing what she hoped to be the story that will start her writing career as she reflected the events that made her walk abnormal.

     All the thinking began to give Cora the headache of all headaches, causing her to curl into a ball. After enduring the pain for about five minutes, Cora gave in and went to get some Ibuprofen. As soon as she stood up, she lost all vision, the world going blank, and...

Slowly...

A scene came to her head...

Seemingly familiar...

Yet unfamiliar...

Slowly...

She watched...

Listened...

Felt...

Cared...