𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

JJ had been having nightmares for as long as I could remember but lately, they had been getting worse and almost every night he would have a least one. As he got older his father became more and more abusive. Hurting him mentally and physically.

It scared me sometimes. He would call me in the middle of the night and tell me he needed me. His voice would always be shaky and scared. And the nights I would be sleeping next to him he would wake me up with sobs, and rambling on all while he was asleep.

Tonight I woke up to the sound of whimpering. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I turned over to see JJ asleep with tears falling off his face and onto his pillow.

His eyes squeeze as his face scrunched up and a cry left his lips.

"Shhhh" I whispered, cuddling him into my torso, careful not to wake him up cause he needed his rest.

"Stop" he begged. "Please"

"Shh, JJ, I'm here baby" I cooed, running my fingers through his golden locks.

"Please! You're hurting me!" JJ raised his voice as he started breathing heavily and tears streamed down his face.

I couldn't take any more of it so I started to shake him awake. "JJ baby wake up. JJ!"

He jumped up in a cold sweat gasping like he had just ran five miles.

"Jay" I sat up and held his face in my hands wiping away the tears that fell from his precious blue eyes. I hated it when he cried.

"It happened again" he croaked still breathing heavily.

"I know, baby, I know" I kissed his nose cause his bottom lip was still quivering.

"Can—can you.....just hold me?" He sobbed, melting into my arms and I quickly wrapped my arms around him holding him close to my chest.

We sat in silence. The only sound was JJ's faint sniffles and cries which eventually died down. I held him as close as I possibly could, holding onto him for dead life as his hands gently wrapped around my back as if I was gonna break.

His body fell weak and numb and I slowly lifted his chin to see that he had fallen asleep. I weakly smiled before gently and carefully laid him down and pulled the covers back over him. I kissed his forehead then laid my head next to his and eventually, I fell asleep as well.

Kinda edited
Word count: 414