Reciprocated (Alex x Reader)

An Alex chapter was requested by MudzAtKong , so here it is : - )

Steven Alexander James, better known as Alex, was one of your best friends. A best friend that you've had a crush on for a while now. But you didn't realize how bad you had it for him. . . until today.

Ring ring . You walked over to your phone hung on the wall, and answered eagerly, hoping it was him. 

"Hello?"

Alex spoke fast. "Hey! I've got to tell you something- Well, ask you."

"Yes, Alex?"

"I wanted to ask you if you'd come to one of our shows. We'll be playing at a club and staying for drinks. . . You could finally meet the rest of the band! I'm sure you've heard of it, the one in London, where all those posh people go."

"Club Gordon?"

"Yeah, that one! Well, if you're going, we'll be playing at 8:30."

"Oh crap- Well, I should probably get ready now! See you then!" 

You said your goodbyes and hung up the phone, rushing to your closet to figure out what to wear. What to wear, what to wear? Aha! You thought as you grabbed one of your dresses. It was a long, black, spaghetti strapped dress with a slit that started at the thigh. You then did your hair and makeup. Tonight you kept it simple with red lipstick, blush, and mascara.

-----

You shut the door to your car and made your way into Club Gordon. And you were just in time, too. The band was just about to play. On the small stage, there were four men. One with a black bowl cut and glasses, holding a guitar, another with dark sandy blonde hair, and one in the back on drums. You couldn't see him that well. Then there was Alex. He looked even better under the stage light. 

The frontman grabbed the microphone. "'Ello, everyone! We're Blur. . ." In the crowd, you looked at Alex and did a small wave with your hand. Luckily, you were able to get a spot in the first row. "This one's called Bang."

As you watched the band play, you noticed that Alex was even more handsome dancing around with his bass on stage. The lights, changing between blue and white, accentuated his jawline and the shine of his dark hair. You kept your eyes glued to Alex for a while until he looked back at you and smiled, making your face go pink. Sometime during the concert, you caught him winking at you! At this point, you were sure that he liked you. Surely, he wouldn't be winking and smiling every time you blushed at him if he only saw you as a friend. . . Before you knew it the concert was over. You waited near the stage door for Alex and the rest of Blur.

"Y/n!" Alex made his way towards you, "Did you enjoy the show?"

"Yeah! You guys were great up there."

The drummer and guitarist walked towards Alex, following behind their frontman.

"Alex, are you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?"

Alex got flustered for a minute. "Y/n's just a friend, Damon. Anyways, Y/n this is Damon, Graham, and Dave."

"Anyways, the guys and I are going to get ourselves a drink, wanna come?" Damon asked.

"I could use a drink." You followed them to the bar. 

After you guys loosened up a bit, Damon thought it was a good idea to play truth or dare. He was in the middle of giving Graham a dare when you noticed that Alex was gone.

"Hey, where's Alex at?"

"Not sure, I saw him buy a drink for some girl, though." Dave said.

"Eh, he's probably trying to sleep with her. Surprised that he hasn't tried that with you, Y/n."

"Damon, come on." Graham scolded, "We just met her."

"Well, look at her! How does somebody like Alex not try to get with Y/n?"

You laughed nervously. "Thanks, Damon. But I think you've had a few too many drinks. I'm going to go and find Alex."

You got up from your stool and began looking around the club. It only took about ten minutes to find Alex. He was near the side of the stage kissing a random girl. The sight of a boy who wasn't even yours, kissing somebody else who probably didn't even mean anything to him. . . It was enough to make you cry, but you didn't know why. The boys saw you running out of the club. Right before you were about to enter your car you heard someone calling your name.

"Y/n!"

You turned around to see Alex. "Leave me alone!"

"Y/n, please. . . Can we talk?" He made his way over to you. "Y/n, I'm so stupid."

"I'm not going home because you were kissing a woman," You lied. "I'm just tired."

"No! Y/n, tonight was supposed to be the night I- erm confessed to you. About my feelings."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm trying to tell you that I like you, Y/n. I've had a crush on you for the longest time. . ." He leaned in to kiss you. It was short, but sweet.

"Alex, you have no idea how many times I imagined us doing that."

"Well, you've got no idea how many times I've imagined us doing more than that."