2

Hope's eyes glowed brighter than before, a low pitch growl leaves her lips. She holds Josie still as she leans closer, just centimeters apart, so close.
She could feel Josie's body heat radiating all over her. She could smell Josie's perfume mixed with her scent and a hint of arousal.

It was addictive.

Josie's heart is going faster and faster by the second.

Noticing how submissive Josie is to her touch she leans in closer and gently whispers next to her ear.
"Don't you ever say that name. Don't you dare even think about that mutt when you are with me"

Josie catches her breath and gains a little courage. She gently puts her hands on Hope's shoulders and pushes her back a few inches.

Josie gasps when she feels Hope's hands grab her by the waist, and slowly tighten their grip making her stay put.

Hope can't take her eyes off of Josie's lips, she feels this pull. Something she's never felt before.

She wants to kiss her.

Josie pushed her wanting aside and cupped Hope's face with her hands making her look into her eyes. Even though she wanted to give in to Hope, and kiss her, she knew it was wrong. She knew this had to stop.

"Hope- look in my eyes. Take a deep breath" Josie said.
Hope does as she is told, asking no questions.

"I know your wolf is acting this way because you don't want to lose me, you don't want to be left behind, but I need to do this Hope. Please let me do this for me"

Josie gently leans down and gives Hope a kiss on her forehead. It's soft, full of care and love.

"Hope if I dont move on, then I'll be hurting for a long time."

Hope looked deeply into Josie's eyes, seeing how pure and honest her words are.
She softened her grip on Josie but didn't let go completely.

"Josie please don't go, please stay, I'll do anything to regain your trust, to be worthy of your kindness" Hope desperately said as kept her gaze in Josie's eyes.

"No.. I can't do that Hope.. I can't stay here.. it's too painful " Josie said just above a whisper.

"It's to late Hope, nothing will ever change my mind-"

"P-please Josie" tears started to fall from Hope's eyes as they shifted from golden to a beautiful ocean blue color.

Josie's heart stopped for a second, she'd never seen Hope so weak, so vulnerable like this before. She couldn't take it..

She leaned in making their forehead touch. She then gently touched Hope's left cheek, and with her right hand, she held Hope close. Josie did what her soul craved for.

She kissed Hope closing her eyes, she let it be.

Hope kissed her back sliding her left hand on Josie's neck, holding her in place.

It was gentle and soft. Slowly becoming a passionate filled kiss with desire.

Josie couldn't stop herself, she couldn't stop her tears.
To kiss Hope was an impossible, and now.. now it's a bittersweet goodbye.