PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE - MISSING PIECE

Erin Jade's POV

Clanking metals of the room.

I can hear my rapid breathing.

My heart is pounding.

My sweat starts to appear.

I look on the lady who is holding my right hand, her left arm is wearing a red metal accessory. It is the only thing glowing under midnight.

I do not know where we are, or why are we running in the middle of dark hallway.

Who is she? Where is she taking me?

And why I am not asking any questions?

I look at her blonde hair bouncing, and her dirty clothes, she's wearing a hospital gown, no printed designs, just white, normal cloth.

Then I noticed that we're both wearing the same clothes. The only difference is that she's wearing a slippers and there's this red thing again on her left ankle, to which I realized I also wear the same on my left and my right hand too.

Our heavy steps created a loud noise in the silent hallway, as we both passed a big windows, I saw the red big moon in the sky, what a view.

"Don't worry, we're almost there!"

This might be the first time I heard her voice, it was a soft tone yet it felt my heart calm for a second.

She looked at me once again as I noticed a small hole in front of us. I felt her warm hands when she pinched it. "Is your head still hurting?"

I suddenly hold my head, which is wrapped by a bandage or something.

--------

Another flashed memories.

There she is once again, her face is too light for me to recognize her identity. But I know she was happy.

We seems like in a middle of a garden field. Surrounded with neat grass underneath the sun, I just admire her low voice, her smile, her laugh, holding my hand and calling me..

"Erin"

"I like Erin Jade, it suits you better." She said before looking at the bottom of the cliff.

"How about you? What should I call you?" I definitely did not imagine I would ask her that, but I think it's part of my vision.

Her brightest smile appear and her face lit up but due to the sun, her face was covered with light once again. She slips her right hand into her ear.

"Sirius. They called me sirius because it is the brightest star, and they called you Erin"

Who are they? Who is she referring to?

She stands up and shake her blue dress, looking at me with her warm eyes again.

"I seriously didn't like his speech earlier, our freedom is a virtue, he should have implemented it, you know" she said.

She pointed her fingers at me before she help me stood up from sitting on the grass.

"Erin, remember that we should never beg for freedom. We must claim for it"

I do not understand what is she talking about, but I do know she has her own belief and principle in life. She keeps calling me Erin. Is that my name?

She continued to brag about her other stories, and I just watched her from a far, never wanting to stop her with her unending stories, giggling like a child.

"Positive and negative freedom I must say, are two different kind of liberties. And we only have one choice to choose."

I couldn't hear anything from her anymore as she continues to walk in a straight white path.

I remain standing on my position, watching 'Sirius' disappears in front of me, but I could still hear her voice, even if we're drifted apart.

Even if she's away, she managed to look behind her back, her curious eyes seem to be looking anywhere, until she spotted mine.

------

"Promise me..to never...ever..look back"

I know now that I was running, the moon was above of us once again, midnight.

But now I am ahead of her, of that person. I can hear her tired breathing, my numb feet, our exhaustion.

I can clearly see my surroundings despite of the silent and dark atmosphere, the grass, the trees, we were here before, what am I doing? Why are we running again?

"Run, saraya!"

An arrow was fired.

I heard her scream of pain.

I turned to her..

Slowly..

Shakingly watching her body collapsed..

My eyes widened as I last saw her once brightest eyes,

Those warm...brown...hazel eyes....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
filled with blood.