-3-

(Okay, funny story.. I am so glad I copy and paste my chapters into my notes app because I just deleted the entire chapter and freaked out)

There was a time skip

-Y/N POV-

It's now 3:55pm, and I'm driving to the small bar. I would have walked because I like walking places more, but I'm not walking ten miles with a guitar strapped on my shoulder. That's like walking with an seven year old child sitting on my shoulder for ten miles. So driving didn't bother me as much because of the distance. I was almost there though, the speed limit was 55mph, and me obviously being impatient, went about 60.
As I pulled into the parking lot of the bar, I turned up my car radio because I knew I was going to blast music when I got back. I always do. I roll down my windows because it's usually gonna few nice outside because of the Orlando heat, and I blast music and scream the lyrics along with it. I don't really care how people look at me, it's not like I usually know them. The only people who really stare are elderly couples.
I had some time to kill, so I just scrolled through Instagram until 4:15pm. As I stepped out of the car, I instantly heard the loud muffled sounds of multiple conversations coming from a bar with its doors open. This bar just so happens to be the one I'm performing at. I shut the front door as I unlock
the trunk with a key.
I have a pretty old car, but it was also pretty damn cheap. I don't really mind having to unlock the trunk and having to actually insert and turn a key to start my car, as long as my air conditioner works along with the windows and radio, I'm all good.
As I'm lost in thought, I quickly snap out of whatever trance I was in while thinking, and grab my guitar case. After my case is on my shoulder, I slam my trunk down to close it because it won't otherwise. I then make sure the trunk is locked, and I take my key out from its place. I hook the key onto my other keys, and take the hook that are sitting on off of my pants and strap it to my guitar case. The moment I walk into the bar, the slight smell of alcohol hits my nose. It never fails to impress me how these workers can stand it in here for this long. While making my way to the back to meet with the owner for her warm-up room.
I had to stop and ask for help to the back because I've only every played here once before, as this is not my usual place that I perform at. I was guided to a man's office in the back.
"Hello again, y/n! It's been a while, it's great to have you perform again! I hope you haven't forgotten me, as it's only been a year." The quite talkative, old man says in a friendly tone.
"How could I forget you, Felix?" I said smiling gently at the man. He had always been so kind to me, and I had only found out about this place from Lia. (A/n-you'll learn more abt Lia later)
-no ones pov-
The man led y/n to a small room, which held a keyboard, soundproof walls, a mini fridge –half full with water–, a stand for sheet music, and a few old chairs. In the corners next to the mini fridge, sat a small trash can. She smiled and thanked the man as he walked back to his office. Y/n quietly shut the heavy door behind her flicking on the lights.
-y/n's pov-
At least I don't have to warm-up with the overwhelming smell of liquor filling my nose. Is all I could think about, which I guess is better than thinking about anything I normally think about. I hear a slight knock and a freak of the door.
"Sorry if I'm bothering you y/n, but you left your tripod here last time you came, it's been in my office for a while. here you go!" Felix said with a smile that enhanced his wrinkles, handing me the tripod.
"Thank you! I actually have been looking for this, I'm glad I have it!" I quickly flashed a smile as he shuts the door softly.
I did my usual warmups, starting with getting the guitar tuned, making sure the chords sound right, and making sure my voice is ready. It didn't take as long due to already being warmed up from about, maybe 2 hours ago. I sang one of my songs and I was ready to perform.
I set my guitar down on the stand waiting for the staff who usually take the performers things out to do so. I usually don't like people handling my things, but Felix always insists. While I wait, I open the mini fridge and pull out a water. I took a sip, and closed the cap again. Within a few minutes, the staff had come in and started taking things out to the stage.

———————————————————————————
I decided to stop this chapter early and break it into 2 parts. So next chapter is from Wilburs POV because I thought the chapter would have been way to long if I continued with Wilburs POV on this one.

Okay ily

words ≈ 926
-ghoul