Creation

S: Meraki is ever-changing, correct?

K: I- yes, it is. 

S: What would happen if every creature in the Physical Realm disappeared except for one?

K: Then that one would be very lonely. 

S: No, no, I mean, what would happen to Meraki?

K: Oh. It would certainly be much less colorful and diverse than it is now. More empty, with less dreams and minds contributing to it. 

S: Exactly. 

-.-. --- -.-. -.- .- .. --. -. . --..-- / ... --- -. -.. . .-. --..-- / . -..- ..- .-.. .- -. ... .. ... --..-- / .- -. -.. / -- --- .-. .

Now, after reading through all of that terribly violent lore, and that last line about adventures and danger around the corner, you're probably wondering if Tacenda's going to come back, or, more importantly, if some poor little Meraki are going to be in his path of destruction. I promise you will eventually be given all the answers. Eventually. 

But for now, as our dear S and K have said, perhaps you should contribute to this colorful world of dreams. This universe will only expand if you help it along, and sooner or later everyone's dreams find their way to the Realm of Dreams (I mean, it's called that for a reason, you know). So, what do you say? Would you care to create your own Meraki?

If you've agreed, you're probably still reading. If not, you just want to look around a little bit more before making your decision, or perhaps you're just bored on a weekend and you found this book. Either way, you're here, now, and there are some ground rules before you can create your character:

Do not use the Meraki's flexibility to create a character that closely resembles another original species, especially if it's closed. If Tacenda hears that you've been using the Meraki to steal other people's hard work, he will wake up and send the Nightmares after you. 

There are no appearance or personality rules for making Meraki. Since they are literally as diverse as the imagination, there is no limit to what sort of designs they can have, from no eyes to five eyes to six ears to ears that float independently from your character's head. However keep in mind that all Ferlies have Selcouth partners, and all Selcouth have Ferly partners. And don't forget the different types of dream magic; night dreams and day dreams. If you only want to make one Meraki, I'll add their name to a list of "Meraki Who Need Partners". 

The Meraki are semi-open, meaning that you need to have your character approved before you can officially use it in stories, art, etc. This being said, it will probably be accepted, judging by the fact that a large range of "edginess" exists in this universe: from small, cute, and cuddly; to bleeding from the eyes and killing others in cold blood. Things can get dark pretty quickly. 

As for age range, I'd suggest above thirteen (however, if you're younger than that and think you can handle it, go ahead and knock yourself out, I'm not in charge of you). As stated in the previous rule, things can take a turn for the dark (especially if this book gets a roleplay added to it at some point). There will be gore, violence, and plenty of other somewhat worrying topics. However. There will be absolutely no sexual content. If Krae discovers that you've been using the Meraki for porn or anything of the sort, he will make a lot of very angry faces at you. And probably steal your kneecaps. 

Other than those basic rules, Meraki is pretty much open for interpretation. There is no specific form to fill out, but make sure to include their name, gender (if they have one), type (Ferly or Selcouth), partner, appearance, and personality. Everything else is optional. Here's an example using a Selcouth named Ticon:

Name: Ticon
Gender: Male
Type: Selcouth
Partner: Kupi
Appearance: A long, dragonlike being with pencil-grey scales, six legs, and three and a half wings (one is deformed slightly, rendering him unbalanced in the air and therefore flightless). He has dark grey eyes and no mouth, as well as two small horns and a long tail with a spade on the end. If you were to approach this fellow in a dark room, no one would blame you for running away - he has a somewhat disturbing appearance, however on the inside he is one of the kindest Meraki around. 
Personality: Always trying to keep Krae's antics in check, Ticon highly prefers order and logic over chaos. He enjoys eating cookies and drinking tea (which no one actually knows how he does, judging by the fact that he doesn't have a mouth) with his Ferly partner, Kupi. Ticon also likes to read old novels from various worlds, such as Moby Dick and The Hegh of a Chal (the former story being from Terra, and the latter being from Kronos). He finds the history of planets in the Phsyical Realm intriguing, and frequently wonders why physical beings must have nightmares at all. 

See? Easy as pie. 

Once you create the character, it can take up to a little over a week for it to be accepted. Be patient. You will be tagged once your Meraki is added to the list of characters, and then you can go along and do with them whatever you like (as long as you're abiding the rules). We hope to see you in your travels someday soon.