Chapter 13: The Jedi

Authors note: I AM SO SORRY! It took me way too long to get this done, all I can say is that writers block is a bitch... But it is here and I pray to all the Gods that I am not plagued with more writers block for future chapters. Again I apologies but here it finally is! Thank you so much for reading, voting and being patient with me, it is very much appreciated. <3 

With each second that ticked by they were closer to finding the Jedi, which meant they were creeping closer to having to give the Child up. The two bounty hunters were forcing themselves to think of literally anything else. Din was pretending to focus on the control of the Razor Crest, Estella was cleaning already spotless armour, and the child sat on the console beside Din, watching each movement and button push with great interest. 

It would only be so long before they would be faced with the inevitable and would not be able to ignore it any longer. Her movements slowed, the thought of giving up the little one becoming more and more prominent, demanding her to finally think of what she dreaded. Finally the cloth in her hand halted and her eyes no longer took in the metal in her hand. Giving a sigh she closed her eyes and leaned her head back. It isn't until getting close to never seeing the little one again has she fully realised how much she cares for him. Her throat tightened painfully while tears threatened to fall. A frown crossed her features as she squeezed her eyes tighter shut, forcing the tears to remain hidden. 

It took a few seconds for her to silently compose herself. Eventually her eyes opened and any remaining tears were blinked away. An almost inaudible sigh left her and she pulled her gaze to the backs of both Din and the Child, causing her to smile fondly. 

"Din, do you think he will remember us?" His hands hesitated as he went to push a button. The button remained untouched as he turned his chair round to now focus his attention on her.

"I don't see why not." Another small smile spread across her face as she admired the little one who was seemingly unaware of them discussing him, instead his attention was on the shiny blur of stars that zoomed past as they sped towards Corvus.

"Well, his lifespan has to be so long. He's already older than us and he's just a kid..." Finally she looked over to Din. "I just hope he remembers us when he's older." 

"I'm certain he will." His voice was soft, not only was he trying to reassure Estella he was also trying to reassure himself. The Child finally noticed that they were looking at him, his big brown eyes looked up at them both and a questioning squeak left him.

The blur of hyperspace suddenly stopped and the planet Corvus came into view before them. Estella rose from her chair and attached her arm piece back onto her shoulder, while Din spun back round to the controls. 

"Corvus, this is the place. I've detected a beacon." The child looked up at him and cooed in response. Din began flicking switches before him, all the while explaining to the child what he was doing. "I'm gonna start the landing cycle." 

"Come on, Little One. Let's get you back in your seat." His ears drooped as he looked longingly towards the ball-like tip of the lever. Estella's hands wrapped around him and brought him back to his seat and buckled him up before she returned to her own seat and patiently waited for Din to start the descent. 

It was a forest planet, but it was not lush with greenery, instead it was dead and murky. The air was thick with a green fog and the frail trees held no leaves upon them. The large dead forest soon faded and a city took its place. The large city of Calodan held low buildings and high walls. Overall Estella had determined that it looked like a rather grim place to live. Once more the trees returned beneath them and Din found a clear enough opening for them to land. Far enough away from the city to conceal the Crest, but close enough for them to get to the city with relative ease.